Fantasy Football Start ‘Em Sit ‘Em in Week 5

JetNation

fantasy_football

Welcome to our 4th installment of Start ‘em and Sit ‘em.  I try and not call out obvious decisions and make this productive for possible decisions that fantasy owner have to make.  We have done with for a few years with good results and great feedback.  We are now in bye week season with 6n teams being off and a ton of top running backs.  Last week we got back on track  going 10-3 in the Start ‘Em  and crushed it again in the Sit “em going 8-2.  Please feel free to direct any questions to me either below or on Twitter.   Let’s get to this week’s list;

Start ‘Em

• Ben Roethlisburger – He gets the Tampa Bay defense, there is no way he is not a top 5 QB this week.
  • Nick Foles – For some reason ESPN has him 9th, he is averaging over 300 yards a week and the 49ers defense has been pretty awful versus the pass.
  • Matt Asiata – If you have him, this should be the week he plays like a RB2, the Falcons are so much worse on the road.
  • DeAngelo Williams – For the 1st time in a long time, he will have all the carries to himself.
  • Alfred Blue – It is not looking good for Foster this week, so he should be a solid RB2 with his expected volume.
  • Keenan Allen – With the matchup versus the Jaguars and his slow start this is a gamble but if he is going to break out this is the week.
  • Kelvin Benjamin – He has some drops but with no other options continues to rack up double digit targets.
  • Brandin Cooks – He has become Brees favorite WR target passing Colston.  Ride him versus the Cowboys.
  • Marcus Wheaton – Just ride everyone against the Bucs.
  • Jordan Matthews – The 49ers have struggled big time versus slot receivers.
  • Larry Donnell – Still looks to be the 2nd favorite target of Eli Manning.

Bench ‘Em

• Matt Ryan – You may have to start him due to bye weeks but he is so much worse on the road and especially outside.
  • Cam Newton – He does not look right, not running and if you are putting all your eggs in the Carolina passing game,  gamble somewhere else.
  • Rashad Jennings – You have to start him but the Washington team has been very solid versus the run so temper those expectations.
  • J. Spiller – He just does not get enough touches to warrant a start even in a large bye week.  I do not expect more than 50 -60 total yards and zero touchdowns.
  • Frank Gore – The Eagles have been stout versus the run and this could be another week that Kap throws it all over the field to keep up with the Eagles.
  • Andre Johnson – He has been passed by Hopkins as the #1 WR target,   I do not seeing it getting better against a tough Bills defense.
  • Mike Wallace – The Raiders have been very tough versus the pass and with the shaky QB play in Miami,  I would not be confident.
  • DeSean Jackson – He looked great last week in a revenge game but is still gimpy and on short week, will be tough for him to bounce back.
  • Marques Colston – He got bailed out by a td last week but the targets are not there to start him unless desperate.
  • Jason Witten – The Cowboy are not looking to him in any capacity other than run blocking.

I wish everyone luck this year and let’s all have a great week and let me know if you have any questions.

Fantasy Mike

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
MdCU61vk5ZQ

View the full article

Archived