2016 NFL Fantasy Football Week 2: Start Em’ or Sit Em’

JetNation

fantasy football

Welcome to the Week 2 of the 2016 NFL season!

Every week, I will pick some players who I think will overachieve and underachieve based on ESPN’s weekly rankings. Please feel free to ask any lineup questions here or on Twitter. Last week I went 7-5 for Over Achievers and 9-3 for Under Achievers

Let’s get to it.

Overachievers

QBs
  • Oakland Raiders QB David Carr-QB 11: He is off to a great start and gets the Falcons who were ripped up through the pass last week.
  • Baltimore Ravens QB Joe Flacco-QB 14: He looked a little rusty but had a nice deep connection with Mike Wallace, the Browns defense is a go against every week.
  • Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Ryan QB 17: Ryan is historically a great September QB plus the Raiders pass defense leaves alot to be desired.
RBs
  • New York Giants RB Rashad Jennings RB 18: There is no threat behind him and the Saints are still awful.
  • New England Patriots RB LeGarrette Blount RB 23: The Patriots are going more conservative and I can see him continuing to get 20 touches a game for the next few weeks.
  • Seattle Seahwks RB Thomas Rawls RB 26: Pete Carroll came out and said he is the RB1 and gets the shaky Rams defense.
WRs
  • New York Jets WR Eric Decker WR 18: I can see the Jets getting the ball back to their big dawgs.
  • Arizona Cardinals WR Michael Floyd WR 28: He may be the most underrated WR in the NFL, all he does is produce week in and week out.
  • Oakland Raiders WR Michael Crabtree WR 33: In what should be a high scoring game, I expect at least 10 targets which is all you can ask from a WR3
TEs
  • Chicago Bears TE Zach Miller TE 13: He is a favorite fo Jay Cutler and based on their slow start, I expect a ton of targets.

K

• Pittsburgh Steelers K Chris Boswell K 13: Last year he was the second best kicker and is a bargain down this low

Defense

• Philadelphia Eagles D-11: They had a solid week one perfromance and I expect the same in week two

Underachievers

QBs
  • Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers QB 3: Jordy Nelson had heavy legs last week and they now go on the road where they usually struggle in Minnesota.
  • New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees QB 4: While he usually rips it up at home, onthe road is a different story and the Giants look vastly improved on that side of the ball.
  • Indianpolis Colts QB Andrew Luck QB 11: I would not want to go against tge Broncos defense in Denver.
RBs
  • Los Angeles Rams RB Todd Gurley RB 11: The conbination of the opponent and the horrific Rams offense makes playing him a huge gamble every week.
  • Carolina Panthers RB Jonathon Stewart RB 15: He looked a tad slow last week and is banged up as well, I can see a blowout and him getting a rest this week.
  • San Francisco 49ers RB Carlos Hyde RB 21: He now goes on the road against a real top 5 defense, no thank you.
WRs
  • New Orleans Saints WR Brandin Cooks WR 10: He did have one huge play last week but now faces a better defense on the road.
  • Buffalo Bills WR Sammy Watkins WR 17: He is not 100% healthy nor is this offense.
  • Philadelphia Eagles WR Jordan Mathews WR 23: I expect the road to be an issue for the rookie QB.

TE

• New Orleans Saints TE Coby Fleener TE 9: He looked lost last week, that will continue this week on the road.

K

• Green Bay Packers K Mason Crosby K 4: I do not expect them to score many points on the road versus the Minnesota Vikings.

D

• Arizona Defense D 6: Last week was a pretty shaky performance and now they see a better overall offense in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Thank you for reading and hit me up on Twitter.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
eOkUB4Z4bAo

Click here to read the full story...

Archived