Jerry Manuel is Gangsta!!

Zeebers

It's been about a month, but every Met fan has to love what they've seen from Manuel and the way the players respond to him. Manuel has handled the player great, and has given key guys rest periodically to keep 'em fresh. It really seems like he is in control of the team while the the previous guy just likes to tell you how much he is in control. Manuel is smooth with the media and you have to be in a market like NY. 9 game winning streak, I don't even remember when the last time the Mets have done that. I don't even think they did it in 2006. Manuel has managed to wipe out all the negativity surrounded this team in a short time. Obviously, the offense and pitching picking up has a lot to do with it, but Jerry has to take a lot of the credit.

I remember when the other guy got canned, some folks on this board believed the Mets were making a huge mistake cutting ties with the now ex-manager. Some even believe the Mets would be worse, maybe 10X worse. I am going to go out on a limb and say the Mets are a better team with Manuel. I loved removing Randolph and I am loving it even more now.

Archived