Kris Jenkins take on the game

Klecko73isGod

I personally counted 8 straight first down runs right into the teeth of the Ravens D - not smart.

Joe McKnight has become a beastly special teams player - he returns kicks, is an outstanding gunner, we even used him as a blitzer and he actually got pressure which helped lead to the David Harris INT. Why can't we give him a few carries, especially considering Shonn Greene has been so completely ineffective?

I completely agree, at this point we've got nothing from the running game, why not give the guy who is clearly busting his a$$ for this team get some burn with the first string O?

You know the Pats are hurting in their secondary too. So we'll probably avoid throwing deep at all and check down to Mason and LT for a majority of the game. Schitty will be sure to get Greene some catches also. Don't question the Schitty.

The sad part of this is that I went back and rewatched the Raiders game. In the first half, Green ran primarily off tackle and was @ 9 carries for 51 yards.

As I was watching this game last night I became furious that we kept trying to run the ball up the middle. It made it easier to crowd the line of scrimmage which entirely played into the hands of the ravens pass rush. I was screaming for multiple receiver spreads. Spread the field out. Don't even give ed reed the chance to line up outside the DE. Make them cover.

We are so busy trying to be tricksy that we refuse to lay to our strengths. There is a reason that the no huddle and two minute offense are the only times when the jets move the ball.

The book is out on this offense and they scare nobody. Its nothing, nothing, without a consistent run game and dominating OL. If you cant dictate at the LOS under Schotty scheme, you are worthless. No vertical passing whatsoever. They dont even make attempts. None. Shut down the run game and its the easiest offense to defend I've ever seen. Short to intermediate passes which are easy to defend, easy to jump and easy to predict.

When you dont have to defend past 15 yards at all, and all you are doing is playing sideline to sideline...defense is easy in the NFL. Schitty makes it even easier.

Archived