I'm excited about the Jets again. Dammit, just.....dammit.

Jetsfan80

8 (1-7 of our own, and a 3rd or 4th for Revis) + compensatory picks for some of the free agents we lost. In other words, quite a lot.

I think we can expect in the neighborhood of 5 compensatory picks, so that would give a total of 13 picks.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idzik speaks as if he really likes Rex and they make a great team.  He acknowledged in his interview with Francessa that Rex had a lot of input into the draft.  The fact that Rex hasn't been extended say a lot imo.  Just as Idzik waited until after the draft to see how the Scouting and Personnel Depts. performed, I think he's gonna wait and see how the players Rex wanted pan out and what kind of job does with the team this year.  I think he'll judge Rex not just on the W-L record, but whether Rex has control of the team and it stops being a circus.

I have to admit that I was excited when Rex was first hired, but now pretty much want him gone.  He can be a very good DC at times and seemingly clueless at others.  I can't really judge him as a HC, because he's yet to act like one. He disdains or ignores the offense, and there's little or no accountability or consequences for poor play or dumb comments made to the media.  Maybe Rex can learn from Idzik and become a quality HC, but I doubt it.  I don't think he has the smarts.

on the money

Archived