Jets | Two signed, two cut

FoxJet

So just to be clear something has to have happened before for it to happen again? This team is not a Super Bowl contender but a winning season is not unthinkable. they were 6-10 last year not 1-15. We all cry and moan like mediocre is the same as awful but they were 2 wins away from .500. If the Jets win more than they lose it's not a throwaway or a rebuilding year. 

So right after I bring up that last year's record is irrelevant because of the ridiculous amount of turnover, you bring up...last year's record.  Oh, you silly goose.

And I'm not even one of those that think now (or thought before) that we're only going to win 4 games or anything like that.  I've always felt that Rex's D alone is good for a bunch of wins and there are enough bad teams on the schedule any year.

But we're not contenders and it is bad GM'ing to piss away resources from a (future) year with a realistic title shot on a (present) year with no realistic chance.  And it makes me happy that Idzik feels this way.  It seems that at least from his actions (or more to the point, his inactions) in free agency.

Besides, this whole thing started based on your incorrect theory that the Jets picked up Peterson and paid him the league minimum because they were sure that a 3rd round rookie would do nothing.  Meanwhile it means the exact opposite.  They added Peterson as an insurance policy and for competition, because only a great fool of a GM would lock in a 3rd round rookie as the starter before he's been issued a uniform.

You should be happy.

Archived