Fantasy Football Start ‘Em/Sit ‘Em Week 1

JetNation

fantasy_football

Welcome to our 1st installment of Start ‘em and Sit ‘em.  I try and not call out obvious decisions and make this productive for possible decisions that fantasy owner have to make.  We have done with for a few years with good results and great feedback.  Please feel free to direct any questions to me in our forums or on Twitter.   Let’s get to this week’s list;

Start ‘Em

• Tony Romo – The 49ers defense has had a bad offseason and the Cowboys offense should be pass heavy and wide open under Linehan.
  • Jay Cutler – The Bills have a pretty solid defense but when Cutler was healthy last year he was a top 6 QB, use him while you can.
  • Matt Ryan- He is another one with great weapons and offense has great health in what should be a wide open game versus the Saints.
  • Shonn Greene – The Chiefs are a vastly overrated defense and he is the clear RB1 for the Titans, start him with confidence.
  • Fred Jackson – The Bears were awful versus the run last year and I do not think that changes in week 1.  He will get at least 18-20 touches.
  • Rashad Jennings –  I love this matchup against an shaky Lions run defense.
  • Ben Tate –  The Browns are touting him as a bell-cow this week and the Steelers were one of the worst team versus the run.  The Browns will keep it simple and that means a ton of touches for Tate.
  • DeAndre Hopkins –  Washington is still an awful pass defense and with game 1 at home, I can see the Texans throwing the ball around very successfully.
  • Jeremy Maclin –  He is healthy and in maybe the best offense in the NFL, start him while he is healthy and at home.
  • Marques Colston –  The Falcons have not improved their defense and Colston was a top 15 WR in the last 6 weeks of last season.
  • Michael Floyd –  This is his year to break out as he showed toward the end of last year, it starts this week.
  • Delanie Walker –  The Chiefs were one of the worst teams versus tight ends this week,  this is a great spot start if you are streaming TE’s this year

Bench ‘Em

• Andrew Luck – On the road against an improved Broncos defense and with a shaky OL, I would stay away.
  • Cam Newton – Off the ankle surgery and now with a broken rib, I would want to see him healthy before starting him this year.
  • Arian Foster- He had zero carries, practiced little ion the last few months and off back surgery, I would want to see some results before gambling with him.
  • Alfred Morris –  You may have to start him but in the new pass heavy Gruden offense plus on the road I can see Washington struggling.
  • Reggie Bush –  He is in a total job share and unless you are in a PPR, he would stay on my bench this week.
  • Ryan Mathews – He is now in a job share and on the road versus a tough Cardinals defense, there are better options in week 1.
  • Randall Cobb – I think the Seahawks take him out of the game at their place, tough matchup for the small receiver.
  • Victor Cruz –  I need to see some semblance of a passing game before starting any Giants in the passing game.   They just looked awful this preseason.
  • Percy Harvin –  I do not think he gets enough touches to  make him a WR2 that he is rated to be this week.
  • Zach Ertz –  He may falsh but I do not think he gets enough snaps or touches to make him a TE1

I wish everyone luck this year and let’s all have a great week and let me know if you have any questions.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
GPFiArHaPfY

View the full article

Archived