Connor Cook vs Marcus Mariota

CurtisMartin17

Ok Jets fans. First time poster here but, like you guys, I make better mock drafts than 75% of actual nfl GM's end up making real ones. Now down to business. I still have a small amount of faith in Geno only because he might be more comfortable running the same kind of offense he did in college that made him not only a Heisman candidate but also a possible #1 draft pick to the Chiefs. However, we need to draft a QB and sit him for a year behind a savvy Veteran QB. My question to you is, Who would be better ?  Either Marcus Mariota who aside from the whole "system product" label would fit well in Chan Gailey's system, or Connor Cook who now will have played 4 years for Michigan State, has experience running an NFL-style offense under center with drop-backs & is possibly the top QB next year if your not on the Cardale Jones bandwagon. Don't reach for Mariota this year. If he's there at number 6 and he's a better option than any OLB on the board get him. Either that or trade back with Philly to stock picks then package them to move up as far as we need to next year to get Cook. Your thoughts on who would be better for us in the long run ? 

Archived