Jason Taylor: Todd Bowles is freaking perfect

Jet in PA

I don't know...

Hmmmmm Joe Namath?

“I wasn’t the biggest football fan to begin with, but if I was going to play, I didn’t want to play for what was in my mind the worst team, ever,” Martin recalled Monday afternoon in a Midtown steakhouse. “I looked at the Jets as the bottom of the barrel.”

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/07/curtis_martin_never_liked_foot.html

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Former DE Jason Taylor on Jets' Todd Bowles: 'He's freaking perfect'

Fox Sports 19 hours ago

Pick

For the most part, Todd Bowles has handled his first offseason as a head coach fairly well. He's had to go through the sudden loss of his quarterback, Geno Smith, as well as issues surrounding Sheldon Richardson.

In legendary defensive end Jason Taylor's mind, he's done everything right.

"He’s freaking perfect," Taylor told Brian Costello of the New York Post.

Taylor played most of his career in Miami with the Dolphins, but he also played one season with the Jets. While in Miami, though, Taylor played under Bowles. Needless to say, he's a huge fan of the Jets' head coach, but not just for his smarts on the field, but his ability to motivate players, as well.

"Schematically, forget about it," Taylor said. "There’s nobody out there that can touch him.

"He’s honest, very honest, and he’ll tell the players exactly where they are and what they need to do. He’ll have a very focused, disciplined team that won’t have a ton of mental errors or penalties. He won’t put up with that."

Bowles has already instilled a few punishments for the Jets, making them run for talking about the Smith incident or committing more than five penalties in practice. He appears to have the Jets on the right track early on, but it's still too soon to crown him the king of New York. That won't change Taylor's opinion of him, though.

"If Todd’s the head coach, I want to play for Todd," said Taylor. "That’s the kind of guy he is. I would run through a brick wall for him."

I thought this was pretty cool. If players play hard for him matching that with his defensive schemes it's like having Rex without the baggage.

This is the worst thing I've ever heard about Bowles. JT doesn't even know how to use a navi system in his auto.

Archived