The Jets have an "Unbelievable Weapon" the Patriots HAVE NO ANSWER FOR

Jetman55

100% true...they dont have a single player that can cover him...hopefully he is left 1:1 with Butler OR they double with McCourty leaving Decker versus....exactly...

http://nypost.com/2015/10/22/the-jets-unbelievable-weapon-the-patriots-have-no-answer-for/

For the first time in what seems like forever, the Jets will show up Sunday in Foxborough, Mass., and force Bill Belichick to pick his poison.

And here’s the message from Jets offensive coordinator Chan Gailey:

Go ahead and load up to stop Chris Ivory.

We have an answer.

His name is Brandon Marshall.

“I’m confident every week, but I really do think that if they want to stack the box, I like our matchups outside,” Gailey said. “If they want to roll the coverage and leave the box open, then I like our matchups there, too.

“Our line’s done a good job of being physical up front, and it’ll take that, they’re pretty physical up front themselves. You have to go into it generic and then see what they’re doing, and then evolve from there offensively.”

Belichick no longer has Darrelle Revis or a big corner like Brandon Browner to combat Marshall.

“[Marshall] could hurt them. He could definitely hurt the secondary,” Keyshawn Johnson told The Post.

Keyshawn was the same big target for Vinny Testaverde that Marshall is for Ryan Fitzpatrick.

“I think if you put Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitzgerald, a young Andre Johnson, you put those guys in any system, and they’re gonna succeed,” Keyshawn said. “Whereas like a Julian Edelman, who’s probably only gonna succeed in a New England system — which is OK.”

So what makes Marshall able to thrive in any system?

“I think it’s his size first and foremost — he can play inside, outside,” Keyshawn said. “He can run after the catch. … He’s physical. He’s willing to block.

“He is as complete as they get. I don’t think the New York Jets have had a complete wide receiver since I left.”

Marshall’s towering presence (37 catches, 511 yards, four touchdowns) has made life easier for the rampaging Ivory (83 carries, 460 yards, four TDs) for Eric Decker (four TDs in four games) and, of course, for Fitzpatrick. Marshall may be as smart at his position as Revis is at his. A 6-foot-4, 230-pound football Einstein can be dangerous.

“I don’t think people appreciate how intelligent of a football player he is,” Fitzpatrick said.

Not to mention competitive. Quinton Coples still can’t get over Marshall ripping an interception away from Tashaun Gipson in the home opener against the Browns.

“I’ve never seen somebody compete receiver-wise the way he does,” Coples said. “I mean, some of the stuff he does … The thing he did at Cleveland, most receivers probably would have just gave up or whatever. That stuff that I ain’t really seen, you know what I mean, like people don’t do that.”

Not to mention driven.

“His size is unbelievable, and he’s got great hands,” “Inside the NFL” teammate Boomer Esiason told The Post. “And then on top of all of that, knowing him over the last year, how committed he is to the craft. Now listen, he’s crazy

? He’s a personality and all that other stuff, but he’s really commuted to his craft. He 

wants to be great. He shows me some of the texts between he and Ryan Fitzpatrick on a Tuesday over there and saying: ‘Look what he’s sending me, look at this, I know this now!’ And then I asked him this week, ‘Of the texts he sent you last week, did any of that work against the last team you played?’ He goes, ‘Yeah, absolutely it worked. He knew exactly what he was doing.’ It’s a good thing for him, it really is.”

Fitzpatrick was asked why he sends Marshall all these texts.

“ ’Cause communication is key,” Fitzpatrick said.

It is invaluable if and when Belichick tries to make the journeyman quarterback win the game.

Marshall and Ivory are the most formidable 1-2 tandem the Jets have trotted out since Keyshawn and Curtis Martin in 1998, the year Bill Parcells took the Jets to the AFC Championship game. Belichick, Parcells’ right-hand man at the time, had yet to coach the Patriots.

“He’s a big mismatch receiver,” Belichick said this week. “They get the ball to him in different situations, certainly single coverage. It looks like that’s the matchup they will go to, really any time — first down, third down, red area. He’s a big player. He’s a physical receiver. He can go up and get the ball, and he’s a hard guy to tackle. I think he’s done a good job for them.”

Gailey was asked what makes Ivory tick.

“I don’t know. I wish I knew, ’cause I’d want to instill it in a lot of people we got,” Gailey said. “I don’t know what makes him tick, but I know he is a ferocious runner. He is attacking the line of scrimmage. He’s not just sitting there and getting hit and getting up and proving that he’s a tough guy, he is attacking and trying to make something happen with every snap. To me, that’s the mark of a really great back.”

Marshall is Beast Mode as well. Marshall’s importance is evident given how invisible Jets tight ends have been (two catches by Jeff Cumberland). Marshall’s 53 targets are exceeded by just Julian Edelman (57) and Steve Smith Sr. (57) among wide receivers who have played five games.

“There’s only one football,” Gailey said, “and there’s a lot of good players that we have that need to touch it. We’ll keep trying to spread it around enough to create indecision on the defense, but keep making sure that our guys that have, to this point, had great production continue to have great production.”

Archived