Breaking Bitonti news

R44

Totally different situation Smizz.

When Brady came in he did not have the smash-mouth running game that Big Ben had in Pittsburgh.

Several times that year Brady had to win football games through the air. He was 33/54, 364 yards in a comeback win versus the Chargers.

Hell, it took Big Ben 3 games to throw 54 passes.

Totally different situation.

im inclined to kind of agree with tx....they were put in two very different situations, which makes it hard to compare the two of them on a STATISTICAL plane. However, had brady had that running game, there would have probably been the exact same outcome with the pats, just with less stats for brady. I think if big ben was put in bradys shoes, THIS year he would have had the same results brady had his first year as a starter(correct me if im wrong, but i believe brady started in his 2nd year? and that year of experience, even on the bench, is very valuable).

basically, theres only one way to compare these guys, which is supposedly the greatest way to rate tom brady. Brady always finds ways to win...thats what we hear all the time...well...so does big ben, and if he wins this superbowl, i believe you will HAVE to look at the two of them as very similar....just my two cents.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived