Douglas and the players

If I were an NFL player I would want nothing to do with a team that has Joe Douglas at the helm after this year

Rodgers goes down, out for the season. A massive massive blow and right out of the gate horrible adversity to deal with

The Jets front office decides they will now treat 2023 as irrelevant. Everything is suddenly about 2024 now. Joe Douglas will not be doing the things a GM would normally do if he was trying to compete and win football games. Yes they know getting some kind of quality backup or some kind of upgrade over the horrific Zach Wilson (especially with how the D was playing) could've helped this team immensely.

They decided not to do it...that this team was not worth it. None of the games from week 2 onward mattered any longer. Douglas very openly told the players and fans that everything will be geared towards 2024 only. Yes I know I could have gotten QB X and he could've made a huge difference for the 2023 Jets, but we decided the team was not worth spending time on or investing in. Winning football games in 2023 is not important to us any longer and we do not care how Zach Wilson plays as we are all about 2024.

If you're a player, if youre in an NFL locker room...I mean how infuriating is that? Being told the season no longer matters and that we are not trying to win due to an injury. We've decided it's no longer a priority.

How does Douglas sell this to the 2023 team that had the rug pulled out from under them. How could they ever trust or believe in their GM? 

I hope this was at least communicated to the team and they weren't expecting moves to be made only to be left dumbfounded and feeling betrayed when they weren't. There needed to be some kind of meeting where Douglas informed them they have "decided against pursuing the playoffs in 2023 and are putting all of their energies towards 2024. The upgrades we normally would've made will not be"

• Upvote 2