Country music

I've mocked it for decades.

Listened to some Toby Keith a few months ago by accident and loved it.

I'm in.

Who/what else should I check out?

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Chris Stapleton is about the only modern country artist worth listening to.

The rest just seem to write songs about having a good time, rather than writing a good song.  

I want to like Stapleton but I just don't care for his voice. I wish I did. He's really talented.

On 5/24/2024 at 10:55 PM, AFJF said:

I've mocked it for decades.

Listened to some Toby Keith a few months ago by accident and loved it.

I'm in.

Who/what else should I check out?

https://youtu.be/FxFNprPOdss?si=v32l7qy8RCZQhbEH

I am not a huge country fan.  I will just hear a song and like it.  Add it to my play list.  So I am not a huge fan of any country star.  Others to check out if you like Toby Keith. Zach Brown Chicken Fried. Morgan Wallen Last Night.  Luke Combs When it rains it pours.  Kenny Chesney No shoes no shirt.  Dierks Bentley What was I thinking.  But a few.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

https://youtu.be/FxFNprPOdss?si=v32l7qy8RCZQhbEH

I am not a huge country fan.  I will just hear a song and like it.  Add it to my play list.  So I am not a huge fan of any country star.  Others to check out if you like Toby Keith. Zach Brown Chicken Fried. Morgan Wallen Last Night.  Luke Combs When it rains it pours.  Kenny Chesney No shoes no shirt.  Dierks Bentley What was I thinking.  But a few.

Love when it rains it pours.  First song on my playlist.  Also like last night.  Chicken Fried is on my playlist but haven't heard it enough times to get a great feel for it.

Thanks for sharing.

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Chris Stapleton is about the only modern country artist worth listening to.

The rest just seem to write songs about having a good time, rather than writing a good song.  

Broken Halos is awesome.

Will check out more of his stuff.

On 5/25/2024 at 9:55 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

If ever there was  a dude you never met but were sure you'd love to have a beer with, it's Toby Keith.

Good singer who just has a good time poking fun at himself and the world around him.  

But some great stuff on the more serious side.  Don't let the old man in is fantastic.

24 minutes ago, AFJF said:

If ever there was  a dude you never met but were sure you'd love to have a beer with, it's Toby Keith.

Good singer who just has a good time poking fun at himself and the world around him.  

But some great stuff on the more serious side.  Don't let the old man in is fantastic.

Check out "My List" by Toby Keith.