Devils-Rangers last night....

toon88

:yahoo: excellent game last night. a couple of observations from the stands:

1)Jagr must be hurting bad. Although he played a good game last night, he was very tentative shooting the puck. The biggest proof of that was in OT, with the Rangers on a 4 on 3, he had the puck a number of times set up perfectly on the right wing for a 15 foot, wide open blast, and passed it off. I've read a few different places, that that is the biggest part of his game that the shoulder injury is affecting, his slapshot. That could also be the reason why he wasn't a shooter in the shootout, Renney used Cullen instead???

2) Brendan Shanahan cries to the officials after every stoppage when he is on the ice

3) Sean Avery is going to be a good pickup for the Rangers...a great pickup if he helps them get to the playoffs. He is a guy who you can't stand, until he is on your team

4) The Devils didn't put 1 good hit on Jagr all night. He was going for loose pucks in the corner many times and instead of drilling into the boards, THEN, fighting for the puck, they would slide in and try to fight him for the puck with their feet or stick. Drill him once, and you won't have to do it again...he proved that in last years playoffs.

5) As if we all didn't know it already, Martin Brodeur is the best goalie on the planet.

I learned alot last night as a Rangers fan,

1) Tom Renney **** coach got to be fired. No reason why clumsy Cullen should be allowed to go before Straka, J.J. Hossa, Prucha and so on.

2) Rangers need to get back to the basics scouting wise. Get to Europe, Russia ect. scout real defenseman no more Karel Rachuneks please. 6'4 240 Would be my preference Rangers are to small got jacked up alot noone to protect our star power.

3) Finally Henrik Lundqvist increasing his workload games played wise in the recent passed we would have seen Weekes in the second game of a back to back it's about time they give him that promotion.

4) Sather is a piece of ****. Seven years no playoff wins yea Sean Avery is good and all but we still have noone to run the power plays Matt Cullen sucks please get us a second line center before we areout of it.

5) Rangers need to be respected I figured they were going to be feeling down after Redwings debacle in the third period. They played a spirited game team is a fighting bunch as a fan of a team in a struggling time thats all I can really ask for.

When are the Rangers going to stop Staal-ing and bring him up these bums like Aaron Ward and Rachunek finese midgets on D aren't cutting it. Get us the youth already!!!!

Archived