greatest comebacks in NYJ history?

wesleywalkerslefteye

My dad and I were recently talking about a Jets game he took me to at Shea Stadium when I was a kid, maybe 1971 or so. We left at halftime -- the Jets were getting blown out. They came back and won the game, which we listened to in the car on the drive home. I'd love to find out the details of this game -- when it happened, against who, what the score was. Can anyone help?

I know for sure it was at Shea, and I know it was '71 or so. All my Google searches on Jets' comebacks lead to "the Jumbo Elliott game" on Monday Night Football in 2000. The game I'm remembering might be the second greatest comeback in team history, I'm not sure.

Grateful for any information anyone can offer.

My dad and I were recently talking about a Jets game he took me to at Shea Stadium when I was a kid, maybe 1971 or so. We left at halftime -- the Jets were getting blown out. They came back and won the game, which we listened to in the car on the drive home. I'd love to find out the details of this game -- when it happened, against who, what the score was. Can anyone help?

I know for sure it was at Shea, and I know it was '71 or so. All my Google searches on Jets' comebacks lead to "the Jumbo Elliott game" on Monday Night Football in 2000. The game I'm remembering might be the second greatest comeback in team history, I'm not sure.

Grateful for any information anyone can offer.

Because it is hands down the Monday night miracle, in the 4th quarter almost everyone had left and wasn't watching the game. They were down by what 3 touchdowns and won.

Best comeback ever:yahoo:

Because it is hands down the Monday night miracle, in the 4th quarter almost everyone had left and wasn't watching the game. They were down by what 3 touchdowns and won.

Best comeback ever:yahoo:

Yeah, I remember watching that game vs the Dolhpins, my uncle left the room@Halftime, I stayed up watching the game, man was that a great game. I remember Jason Taylor running that mouth, lol, he was just about crying when it was all said and done

Archived