1 more play - 2 more games ..

xoenrt2099

Dennis Byrd came in last week and spoke to the team. Byrd had never reached out to the Jets before, and it made a great impact with young and old players alike.

I have a theory that this part of the journey, these last two games , they will be the crowning moments for the Vets we brought in to help lead, namely Taylor and LT.

When was the last Championship game LT played in ? Taylor never played in one -

i will bet you anything these 2 vets come alive ...watch

You will see the 2006 LT in flashes - he knows , as does Taylor how lucky they are that a team who went to the afc champ game LAST YR,needed people at the positions they play ,and decided to take a chance on 2 formerly great vets that people thought were washed up. After checking them out and they said " i was hurt " or whatever the reason , but "im back ! " , and we gave them the benefit of the doubt ...

now they and the team ARE here again .that is beating the odds already. The 2 superbowl teams were out round 1 right ?

Dennis Byrd , who will be a captain , came in and told them about his experience - and how he would trade anything for 6 seconds ..1 more play ..not 1 more season or even a game - 1 play ...

you watch the next 2 games - LT will run like he knows he will never be here again no matter what he does ...and taylor will rush with a recharge too ...

Byrd lost his ability to walk - and almost his life. He beat the odds and walks again today. He is a motivational speaker as well.

These 2 vets are h.o.f bound and in the end of thier careers even though they still feel young ..

the reality that its over soon is setting in - and when a man who was great , but had it all cut short talks to you about 1 more play..they will play each snap the rest of this yr as if it is thier last - because for them it may be..

just a thought

Archived