How to make the JETS better...

bkjetfan

first off: reason why shotty isn't fired yet is because they feel bad for the guy and they want to see if he gets something else first. trust me im waiting!! but everyone knows that already... if not, he still will be gone because there is no way they will get rid of santonio, and run the same system with the same players. personally i want tom moore to be the OC instead of hue jackson, instead of tony sparano and whoever else they try to get. there's a difference between coaches and mentors. tom moore is a "mentor" who can develop sanchez the way he did with payton as long as rex lets him. which right now rex has no choice. he has to change up his coaching style.

i dont know i just see it as if sanchez would have been taught to "win" instead of "playing not to lose the game" by a consistant winner (tom moore), you would have seen alot more progression out of him. that's what tom moore can bring. too many cooks in the kitchen this year from cavanaugh, shotty, tom moore, and rex in sanchez's ear. there's a reason why people say he looks "lost" out there and didnt play well. all probably told him different things for the same situation i'd be confused as shiet too. if you look at the elite qb's in the league, brady/belichek, brees/sean payton, moore/manning (when they were together), they'd sit down and create plays on their own. moore i think can do that with sanchez. he wants to learn.

offensive philosophy: stretch the feild, no more play calling 90% of your plays within 10-15 yards. defenses arent even scared to undercut because they knew the plays werent meant to go downfield. sanchez has to have more confidence in his receivers and knowing how to throw it in spots only they can get it or have the best position to get it even if they are covered. derrick mason said they have no idea how to use plax. of course sanchez doesnt because he's always taught "throw to the open guy"... well plax is not a guy that's gonna get 2-3 yards separation. he has to learn how to just trust that plax is gonna body a guy and take the ball out of the air from the defender.

defense philosophy: well the defense needs that same defensive mentality as '09. intimidating, blitz crazy, punch you in the mouth, no fear type of mentality. we played all last year with almost no emotion, flat, coverage defense and still ended up 7th or 8th overall d. i remember back when we predicted what we were gonna do instead of letting the opposing offense dictate what they wanted to do. that's what we really miss. 3rd down and 5 or more.. you can bet we would bring 7 on a blitz. people say they caught up on the blitz but there are millions of different ways to mix up and change the blitzes with the same effect. forget the whole coverage schemes because we have the middle of the field to protect and we can't do that with the safetys we have, but if you constantly blitz, all the safety gotta cover for is 2-3 seconds most of the time instead of having them play coverage for 5 - 6 seconds. our safetys suck. face it

draft:

OLB - Upshaw, great for our scheme, really strong, fast, good edge rusher and could hold the edge on run plays. tackles real well and hits hard

Safety - Barron, ball hawk type of safety, reads and reacts well with good ball skill, and can play the run

Archived