Roster Predictions : Defense & Special teams ~ ~ ~

kelly

We are halfway through the preseason, with a lot of questions left to answer before the season begins. So, what should we do to pass the time? Predict what the roster is going to look like. If you missed it yesterday, here is my stab at the offensive side of the football.

Here is my attempt at the defense and special teams :

DEFENSIVE LINE
Muhammad Wilkerson
Quinton Coples
Sheldon Richardson
Kenrick Ellis
Antonio Garay
Leger Douzable
Lanier Coleman
There were no real surprises here. We have Wilkerson and Co., the core four, and two veterans in Garay and Douzable. I listed Coples with this group as this is where the Jets listed Coples.

LINEBACKERS
Demario Davis
David Harris
Ricky Sapp
Garrett McIntyre
Antwan Barnes
Nick Bellore
Danny Lansanah
Troy Davis
Again, not much surprise here. The only one I have is Calvin Pace being left out of this group. Granted, he came back with additional motivation to play well, after being released. However, I believe that in the end, the team will go with youth, and Lansanah has played well.

DEFENSIVE BACKS
Antonio Cromartie
Kyle Wilson
Dee Milliner
Dawan Landry
Antonio Allen
Jaiquawn Jarrett
Josh Bush
Ellis Lankster
Darrin Walls

KICKER
Nick Folk

PUNTER
Robert Malone

LONG SNAPPER
Tanner Purdum

As far as the specials teamers go, as much as there is competition at all positions, I think the incumbents will retain their positions.

http://thejetpress.com/2013/08/21/new-york-jets-roster-predictions-defense-and-special-teams/

It's still early, but following are my predictions for the Defensive players who will make the roster.  I have 26 on offense, plus 3 STs (Folk, Malone and Purdum), so that only leaves 24 for D.

Defensive Line

Mo Wilk

Kenric Ellis

Sheldon Richardson

Antonio Garay

Quentin Coples

Damon Harrison aka Big Snacks

Leger Douzable

Linebackers

Demario Davis

David Harris

Antwan Barnes

Garrett McIntyre

Nick Bellore

Josh Mauga

Ricky Sapp

Calvin Pace

Cornerbacks

Antonio Cromartie

Dee Milliner

Kyle Wilson

Ellis Lankster

Isaiah Trufant

Safeties

Dawan Landry

Jaiquawn Jarrett

Antonio Allen

Josh Bush

We are halfway through the preseason, with a lot of questions left to answer before the season begins. So, what should we do to pass the time? Predict what the roster is going to look like. If you missed it yesterday, here is my stab at the offensive side of the football.

Here is my attempt at the defense and special teams :

DEFENSIVE LINE

Muhammad Wilkerson

Quinton Coples

Sheldon Richardson

Kenrick Ellis

Antonio Garay

Leger Douzable

Lanier Coleman

There were no real surprises here. We have Wilkerson and Co., the core four, and two veterans in Garay and Douzable. I listed Coples with this group as this is where the Jets listed Coples.

LINEBACKERS

Demario Davis

David Harris

Ricky Sapp

Garrett McIntyre

Antwan Barnes

Nick Bellore

Danny Lansanah

Troy Davis

Again, not much surprise here. The only one I have is Calvin Pace being left out of this group. Granted, he came back with additional motivation to play well, after being released. However, I believe that in the end, the team will go with youth, and Lansanah has played well.

DEFENSIVE BACKS

Antonio Cromartie

Kyle Wilson

Dee Milliner

Dawan Landry

Antonio Allen

Jaiquawn Jarrett

Josh Bush

Ellis Lankster

Darrin Walls

KICKER

Nick Folk

PUNTER

Robert Malone

LONG SNAPPER

Tanner Purdum

As far as the specials teamers go, as much as there is competition at all positions, I think the incumbents will retain their positions.

http://thejetpress.com/2013/08/21/new-york-jets-roster-predictions-defense-and-special-teams/

I disagree that with your roster there would be no surprises on the DL.  You have Lanier Coleman making it over Big Snacks.  That would be a surprise, as would Junior Aumavae making it over Big Snacks.

I think you have too many LBers.  I don't see any way that both Troy Davis and Danny Lansanah make the roster and neither Calvin Pace nor Isaiah Trufant do. I don't like Pace, but he's had a pretty good camp and he's a Rex favorite.  There's no way he doesn't make the team.  Trufant is arguably their 4th or 5th best CB.  He's definitely better than Walls at CB and better than either Davis or Lansanah as a player, imo.  You also left Josh Mauga off the roster.  While he's had a quiet camp, he's a good STs player and has played pretty well for them in spot duty.  I can't see either Davis or Lansanah beating him out.

I disagree that with your roster there would be no surprises on the DL.  You have Lanier Coleman making it over Big Snacks.  That would be a surprise, as would Junior Aumavae making it over Big Snacks.

I think you have too many LBers.  I don't see any way that both Troy Davis and Danny Lansanah make the roster and neither Calvin Pace nor Isaiah Trufant do. I don't like Pace, but he's had a pretty good camp and he's a Rex favorite.  There's no way he doesn't make the team.  Trufant is arguably their 4th or 5th best CB.  He's definitely better than Walls at CB and better than either Davis or Lansanah as a player, imo.  You also left Josh Mauga off the roster.  While he's had a quiet camp, he's a good STs player and has played pretty well for them in spot duty.  I can't see either Davis or Lansanah beating him out.

i agree trufant makes the cut :winking0001:

fyi  :

h7Q7U.AuSt.7.jpg

Junior Aumavae, a 2004 Palmer High graduate who has flirted with the NFL since 2010, is making a run at a roster spot with the New York Jets.

Aumavae, 27, signed a three-year contract with the Jets in March, but he still has to survive two roster cuts this fall to make the Jets' 53-man roster and officially become an NFL player.Aumavae recorded two tackles -- one for a loss -- for the Jets last weekend in a 37-13 preseason win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. The 6-foot-2, 310-pound nose tackle also recorded a tackle in the Jets' first preseason game, a 26-17 loss to the Detroit Lions.

NFL teams will make their first preseason cuts Tuesday, reducing rosters to a maximum of 75 players. On Aug. 31 the roster will be reduced to 53.In 2010, Aumavae survived the first cut on the Dallas Cowboys roster to make the 80-man preseason squad, but he didn't survive the final cut. He had another shot with the Cowboys in the spring of 2012, but was cut prior to training camp.Aumavae has since played in the Arena Football League for the Green Bay Blizzard, performing well enough to establish connections with the coaching staff of the Green Bay Packers. Those connections led to a rigorous training program at Don Beebe's House of Speed in Green Bay, Wis., where Aumavae shed 30 pounds and later earned a tryout with the Jets.

Aumavae played NCAA Division II football with Western Washington for three seasons.When the school dropped its football program, Aumavae went to Minnesota State-Mankato for his final season.Aumavae helped Palmer win a Railbelt Conference title in 03 and was named first-team all state on offense & defense after his junior and senior seasons.Three Alaskans played in the NFL last season -- Daryn Colledge of North Pole is an offensive lineman with Arizona, Chris Kuper of Dimond is an offensive tackle with Denver and Zack Bowman of Bartlett is a defensive back with Chicago.

If Aumavae makes the final roster, he'd be the 11th Alaskan to play in the league, joining a list that also includes Mao Tosi, Reggie Tongue, Travis Hall, Shane Bonham, Mark Schlereth, Tom Neville and Rocky Klever,

> http://www.adn.com/2013/08/21/3036256/palmers-aumavae-is-recording-tackles.html

fyi  :

h7Q7U.AuSt.7.jpg

Junior Aumavae, a 2004 Palmer High graduate who has flirted with the NFL since 2010, is making a run at a roster spot with the New York Jets.

Aumavae, 27, signed a three-year contract with the Jets in March, but he still has to survive two roster cuts this fall to make the Jets' 53-man roster and officially become an NFL player.Aumavae recorded two tackles -- one for a loss -- for the Jets last weekend in a 37-13 preseason win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. The 6-foot-2, 310-pound nose tackle also recorded a tackle in the Jets' first preseason game, a 26-17 loss to the Detroit Lions.

NFL teams will make their first preseason cuts Tuesday, reducing rosters to a maximum of 75 players. On Aug. 31 the roster will be reduced to 53.In 2010, Aumavae survived the first cut on the Dallas Cowboys roster to make the 80-man preseason squad, but he didn't survive the final cut. He had another shot with the Cowboys in the spring of 2012, but was cut prior to training camp.Aumavae has since played in the Arena Football League for the Green Bay Blizzard, performing well enough to establish connections with the coaching staff of the Green Bay Packers. Those connections led to a rigorous training program at Don Beebe's House of Speed in Green Bay, Wis., where Aumavae shed 30 pounds and later earned a tryout with the Jets.

Aumavae played NCAA Division II football with Western Washington for three seasons.When the school dropped its football program, Aumavae went to Minnesota State-Mankato for his final season.Aumavae helped Palmer win a Railbelt Conference title in 03 and was named first-team all state on offense & defense after his junior and senior seasons.Three Alaskans played in the NFL last season -- Daryn Colledge of North Pole is an offensive lineman with Arizona, Chris Kuper of Dimond is an offensive tackle with Denver and Zack Bowman of Bartlett is a defensive back with Chicago.

If Aumavae makes the final roster, he'd be the 11th Alaskan to play in the league, joining a list that also includes Mao Tosi, Reggie Tongue, Travis Hall, Shane Bonham, Mark Schlereth, Tom Neville and Rocky Klever,

> http://www.adn.com/2013/08/21/3036256/palmers-aumavae-is-recording-tackles.html

The bold I didn't remember and find to be very, very interesting.  While I'm sure it was for peanuts, you don't typically see teams handing out 3-year deals to fringe players.  It would suggest that Idzik/Rex/Dunbar really see something in the guy.

The bold I didn't remember and find to be very, very interesting.  While I'm sure it was for peanuts, you don't typically see teams handing out 3-year deals to fringe players.  It would suggest that Idzik/Rex/Dunbar really see something in the guy.

" . . . It would suggest that Idzik/Rex/Dunbar really see something in the guy. "

~ ~ well,..he is kinda cute :love0038:

Archived