Playing-time breakdown for Jets

August, 30, 2013

Aug 30

12:45

PM ET

By  Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

Snap counts from Thursday night's 27-20 win against the Eagles:

OFFENSE (Based on 87 snaps)

Quarterback: Matt Simms 86, Graham Harrell 1.

Running back: Kahlil Bell 49, Mossis Madu 38.

Wide receiver: Michael Campbell 68, Ryan Spadola 47, Zach Rogers 47, Ben Obomanu 46, Mohamed Massaquoi 4.

Tight end: Konrad Reuland 71, Chris Pantale 65.

Offensive line: Oday Aboushi 87, Caleb Schlauderaff 87, Brian Winters 73, Will Campbell 61, Jason Smith 49, J.B. Shugarts 38, Vladimir Ducasse 26, Erik Cook 14.

Analysis: Obviously, this was a bottom-of-the-roster game, with many players fighting for a handful of spots. Reuland played a lot because he was needed to fill in at fullback. Projected starter Tommy Bohanon was given the night off. When was the last time a seventh-round pick didn't have to play the last preseason game? ... Save for Winters and Ducasse, every lineman that played is on the bubble. ... Massaquoi suffered an injury. That could hurt his chances.

DEFENSE (Based on 74 snaps)

Line: Leger Douzable 63, Junior Aumavae 45, Antonio Garay 41, Tevita Finau 23, Lanier Coleman 11.

Linebacker: Danny Lansanah 58, Ricky Sapp 49, Troy Davis 41, Nick Bellore 39, JoJo Dickson 35, Jacquies Smith 20.

Secondary: Josh Bush 74, Jaiquawn Jarrett 74, Antonio Allen 74, Isaiah Trufant 52, Royce Adams 49, Ellis Lankster 31, Mike Edwards 18, Kyle Wilson 13.

Analysis: Interestingly, they played the entire game with three safeties -- Bush, Jarrett and Allen. ... This was a surprisingly high snap count for Garay, making you wonder if his roster spot isn't as secure as we assumed. ... Upun further review, Wilson didn't play as much as originally thought. But it was still a curious decision to have him out there at all.

Interesting, especially playing 3 safeties all night.  Guess they've really been having a hard time sorting out the safety position.

As far as Garay, they could be looking to trade him if they're high on Aumavae, Finau or Lanier, but he hasn't played much in preseason, and they could have just been giving him some snaps to get some rust off.

Could Pantale possibly overtake Reuland or Rogers overtake Obomanu?  I think Rogers could make the PS.  Obomanu is a good STs player, so I think he probably wins that battle.  I'd be surprised if Pantale beats out Reuland because I just haven't heard that many positive things about Pantale during TC and Reuland has done pretty well with the Jets, but guess it could happen.

Why did Harrell get one snap?

Archived