A fan went to Matt Schaub's home and told him off while other took pictures of his family, just Imagine MS playing in Texas

DRJETS

NFL security has contacted the Houston Texans and the Houston police regarding an alleged incident in which a fan apparently showed up at Matt Schaub's home and berated the quarterback, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder. 

CBS Houston had earlier reported the incident at Schaub's home, citing a source close to law enforcement. The source said the fan went to the quarterback's home "and told him off." The source added that another person "took pictures of [schaub's] family," which CBS Houston reports were allegedly posted on Facebook.

Schaub remains the starter for Sunday's home game against the St. Louis Rams despite throwing an interception returned for a touchdown in an NFL record four straight games.

Coach Gary Kubiak removed Schaub from Sunday's game against the San Francisco 49ers at the end of the third quarter with the Texans down 24-3 -- allowing T.J. Yates to finish Houston's second prime-time game of the season.

"I think it was time for [Yates] to get some reps," Kubiak said Sunday. "Obviously, Matt took some hits and made some mistakes. And I just told him I was going to put T.J. in the game and we're going to go from there and talk about it after the game or throughout the course of the week and see where we're at."

Schaub completed 19 of 35 passes for 173 yards and three interceptions before leaving the game. 

He acknowledged after Sunday's game that his struggles were taking a toll on him, but he said he remains confident despite his struggles.

"Obviously, it's tough right now. After what we've been through tonight, [and] going back to last weekend and even the week before," Schaub said. "I am very confident in my ability and everyone in this locker room."

ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder and ESPN.com Texans reporter Tania Ganguli contributed to this report.

Archived