Let's see what Bowles & Gailey got

Jetster

Ok, here we are again but with new people at the top & Geno Smith back in the fold after our Harvard QB had another brain fart & learned nothing from getting blasted by McCourty last week. 

I actually hope Geno is not hurt so bad that he can't play. At least we finally find out if there's any reason whatsoever to keep trotting him out there in a Jet uniform. I'm most disappointed that all of our skill players are banged up & Mangold is hurt. It doesn't give us an apples to apples comparison. Hopefully we can get by the Jags at home & start to get some players back. 

Like others have said, it's very difficult to just step off the bench in a hostile environment & light it up. The Oline was a sieve & the Raiders were teeing off knowing that our defense couldn't stop their offense (Jack Del Rio actually got cocky smiling away on the sideline and continued throwing the ball to the end? Ugh, it was ugly).

Here's the biggest factor in the Geno Smith argument...can he learn to play QB without the backbreaking negative yardage plays? False starts, not stepping up in the pocket, not throwing the ball away on the sideline, running smarter. There is absolutely no doubt he was rusty, zero preseason games, very few reps with starters, the speed of the game is in hyperdrive without the practice. But it's still no excuse for taking yardage losses when you don't have to. Those are QBing 101 that every QB should know & learn in their 1st year. 

This is it for Geno. He's got 9 games to prove everybody wrong. Honestly, I hope Fitz injury keeps him out. He's not our future. I'm f*cking tired of treading water regarding the QB position. He's a lifelong backup. We live or die with Geno & finally are forced to figure it out. After yesterday there isn't a player on this team that can look down on Geno, except maybe Revis. Do you think Marcus Williams, Davis, Harris, the entire Oline, even I drop as many TDs as I catch Marshall can't look down on Geno. We SUCKED yesterday. Our f*cking entire front of #1 picks were f*cking invisible. They can't say sh*t! Bowles needs to adopt Belichicks mantra of "DO YOUR JOB!" Or lose it. The film doesn't lie, the Raiders didn't punt until 8 minutes were left in the 4th quarter. None of that is on the QB that stepped off the bench cold.

Archived