Linebackers?

Jetster

Holy sh*t, I was just looking at our LBs & when you do you realize how long it's been since the Jets have introduced some youth and speed into this group. Lee, Jenkins, Mauldin, Reilly, Catapano, Bishop, my god it's about freaking time. I love Harris but man is he getting long in the tooth. Even Rex & Tanny grabbed Bart Scott who was never fleet of foot. How fast can Bowles & the coaches get these guys up to speed?

Watching teams kill us on 2nd & 3rd down with those swing passes to RB & short stuff in between the LBs has been excruciating the last few years. I think the Jets D has probably been in the top 3 for years for being stingy on 1st down. That's something that Seattle does very well, close quickly & limit any yards after the 1st hit. If we can finally do that & get a massive upgrade in the punting game, those lost yards in the past could mean whoever is QBing this team will be the beneficiary of some awesome field position next year.

I know everyone thinks we all make excuses for Geno but I remember how many times our offense started backed up to our goalposts with horrible special teams play. Our terrible drafting left the backend of our roster so devoid of talent & we've been trying to find a decent punter for years without success. Westhoff chased Wethersfield out of here & he had career years with the Giants. 

If we do have to go to Geno, hopefully our STs excel and the added benefit of Kickoffs coming out to the 25 plus possibly having one of the youngs guys like Ross or Marshall excelling at returns could also benefit our QB & the team as a whole. Instead of looking at the Jets glass as half full, it's exciting to see the potential of the team going forward & I'm loving the fact that Macc likes big school production, gambling on very young guys, and drafts "football players". Perfect examples are Lee & Jenkins. Each one isn't perfect but f*ck the measurables! they've both proven on the field to be leaders & tough "football players". If the past regimes used these parameters guys like Gholston & Hill would never have been NY Jets. The future is much better for us all. We may not get to a Super Bowl but at least we might have a chance with this new regime. It won't be boring & hopefully we see more CONSISTENT success.

Archived