Time to face it, we actually downgraded at HC

JetUp91

And that's not me saying Rex is a good coach. This team, somehow, someway, managed to find a head coach WORSE than Rex. Swallow that. Our head coaching situation right now would be better than it currently is with Rex ******* Ryan at the helm.

This team has offensive weapons that made Ryan Fitzpatrick look good last year. They'd make a top QB an instant league MVP. At what point in his entire coaching career with the Jets did Rex have anything even remotely close to this? Here's an eye opener, Rex's best pair of receivers with this team were Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards. After those magical playoff runs, what did those two do? Holmes went on to be a third stringer with the Bears, and never got signed by another team. I don't even know if Braylon made another team after leaving the Jets.. and these were the best receivers we had all those years. After those guys? Stephen Hill, David Nelson, Clyde Gates, Jeff Cumberland.. I mean dear God. And to put the icing on the cake, we had Mark Sanchez throwing them the ball. How's he doing these days?

In fact, I'll just ask you guys. In what way is Bowles a better head coach than Rex? Both awful game managers. Both awful at preparation. Both defensive guys with inept offenses. Both ready to get fired over a QB they don't even trust themselves. List goes on and on and on and on.

25 minutes ago, JetUp91 said:

And that's not me saying Rex is a good coach. This team, somehow, someway, managed to find a head coach WORSE than Rex. Swallow that. Our head coaching situation right now would be better than it currently is with Rex ******* Ryan at the helm.

This team has offensive weapons that made Ryan Fitzpatrick look good last year. They'd make a top QB an instant league MVP. At what point in his entire coaching career with the Jets did Rex have anything even remotely close to this? Here's an eye opener, Rex's best pair of receivers with this team were Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards. After those magical playoff runs, what did those two do? Holmes went on to be a third stringer with the Bears, and never got signed by another team. I don't even know if Braylon made another team after leaving the Jets.. and these were the best receivers we had all those years. After those guys? Stephen Hill, David Nelson, Clyde Gates, Jeff Cumberland.. I mean dear God. And to put the icing on the cake, we had Mark Sanchez throwing them the ball. How's he doing these days?

In fact, I'll just ask you guys. In what way is Bowles a better head coach than Rex? Both awful game managers. Both awful at preparation. Both defensive guys with inept offenses. Both ready to get fired over a QB they don't even trust themselves. List goes on and on and on and on.

You're being too hard on Rex.  Two AFC Championship games in a row obviously doesn't equate to even a single Super Bowl, but it's a resume still better than most.

Rex is a very good coach.  Different, frustrating at times and unconventional sure.  But still a very good coach players will give their all for.  

Bowels... eh, yeah doesn't really seem to be cuttin' it so far.

I feel the same way. Bowles is the anti-Rex because the circus is gone but sometimes I wonder if the guy has a pulse. He is uninspiring to say the least. He doesn't motivate or prepare his teams very well it seems. He doesn't game plan or adjust very well. His decision making and use of timeouts is head shaking. He shows no emotion and looks like a deer in headlights way too often on the sidelines. Yesterday, the decision to run out the clock with 40 secs to go in the half and 1 TO shows he plays scared and the decision not to go for it on 4th down late in the game made me want to throw my remote at the TV. I would trade Rex for Bowles any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Archived