Coaching is predictable and at times appear to be in way over their head

billyb1212

Im not sure what Bowles does...I can understand how some might view his demeanor to not over react and get emotional, but he appears lost at times.  How there isn't more talk about his leadership and the demise of this defense is very surprising.  We don't make any adjustments on either side of the ball.  We get no pressure on the QB....its frustrating.  Somehow most teams are able to identify the mismatches and exploit them over and over again without making changes....teams delay backs out of the backfield or manage to get LB coverage on a WR and kill us underneath .... Its a joke....we are old,  have very little young up and coming talent and it unfortunately doesn't look like its going to get better anytime soon.....a QB change????? Please, when you are constantly playing from behind you end up pressing.....there is no QB that would succeed in this system given the current situation.

I wouldn't go that far re the Qb thing, we simply have a quad of lousy QBs.

Your other points are valid though.  Bolwes is like a chess player that thinks after each move rather than a few moves ahead.  His game plans want to dictate how the games are going to be played but the moment the other team counters he can' t make the adjustment.

it seems as though when an offense struggles it all falls on the QB's shoulders, which is understandable and I would love Gino to get a spark going.   unfortunately I think the overall game plan on ball sides of the ball is predictable and flawed....if we took a couple of ideas as to how other teams exploit our defense and implemented them into our scheme, we might be a little better off.

Archived