They CAN'T be serious!!!!

toon88

Being a huge Devils fan, I was curious to see what the feeling was among Devils fans on the Carolina series. So I searched the web for message boards and came across a site called devilsrule or something like that. Anyway, apparently their big thing is hitting beach balls around, no joke. Found this post, makes me embarressed to be a Devils fan. FYI...this must be a new thing since I've been to about 15 games this year and haven't noticed them:

Follow these instructions so we will NOT have problems

1. Do not understimate the NJSEA CAA security. If they see you with a beach ball, deflated or not, they will take it away immediately.

2. Do not show off your beach balls and enter the arena calmly and sit in your section. Try to arrive at the CAA doors by 6:15 PM

3. With 4 min remaining before the game starts, start inflating your beach ball and do this discretely

4. Hide them under your seats.

5. Try to spot Section 218 or 228(located in the upper bowls and in the corners). Wait for their them to give the "signal" to release the beach balls into the wild CAA crowd.

6. When the lights turn off for pregame introductions, get your beach balls ready and look for the red light signal from 218 to launch them.

7. When you see the red light in 218 flash FIRE AWAY. If you don't have an overhanging structure in your section, hit the beach ball as high as gravity can take it. If you do have this structure, the best bet is to hit the beach ball straight out into the open. After you are done with your beach ball, start chanting Lets Go Devils.

8. Please cooperate and make this a team effort. Fans inthe 100's section, try to hit the beach balls over the glass into the carolina bench or the tunnel. Please be careful and use common sense. Do not use these beach balls to hit someone on purpose. Also DO NOT do this during the game, only in pregame. We do not want to get a delay of game penalty. This is our time to shine in front of the whole world. And the Guiness World Record people will be taking notes

:gay:

sorry, had to post this too.

another post about the big beach ball caper. I can't make this crap up:

This is a serious post:

For all those attending Game 3, we are encouraging any Devils fans in attendence to bring beach balls to the game. We want to make our presence known before the game to the Carolina Hurricanes. So far we have over 400 beach balls to be used during the pregame introductions. We need more. The NJSEA do not allow us to bring in signs that say "Lets Go Devils", banners, flags or anything else that is fun in the arena. But with beach balls, you can put them in your pocket deflated. When you get to your seat, you may inflate the beach ball and let it go during the pregame introductions. I have spoken to many Devils fans and we need everyone to participate in this event. We did this during the Rangers series and it was a total success because it motivates the CAA crowd to get loud and give us that 7th man advantage.

If you need a beach ball, there will be some of us handing them out in the parking lot, but not guaranteed. You can pick them up at your local WalMart and they go for 88 cents a piece. For those sitting in the 100's sections: please try to send beach balls over the glass, only during pregame. You will be rewarded by a huge ovation from the CAA crowd and the Carolina bench should be filled with beach balls. You may also write a farewell message on the beach balls also. My beach ball hit Petr Sykora during Game 2 and he had to remove it out of his way before he was able to skate onto the ice.

Only do this during pregame when the lights turn dark. inflate your beach ball and you may release it at anytime. please do not do this during the game because it may result in a "delay of game" penalty on the Devils. However, if we are winning by 5 goals with 10 seconds left, do it at your discretion. Come on Devils fans. we did this twice and lets do it again. Beach Ball Wednesday will make a statement and turn the tide of the series in our favor!

Blasphemy!

Must be the same folks who throw paper airlanes at football games.

Even though a Ranger fan I do not hate the Devils- that is reserved for the Islanders and Philly. Tonight is must game for them-

Archived