Sonics sold to Oklahoma City group!

Lurker

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2522944

SEATTLE -- A group from Oklahoma City has agreed to buy the Seattle SuperSonics and the Seattle Storm, a source with the Sonics said Tuesday.

The team scheduled a 6 p.m. ET press conference to announce the sale officially, and the source indicated the new ownership group plans to keep the Sonics and Storm in the Seattle region.

Marianne Bichsel, a spokeswoman for Seattle mayor Greg Nickels, told the Seattle Post Intelligencer that the city plans to hold the Sonics to their lease, which expires in 2010.

The Basketball Club of Seattle -- owners of the NBA Sonics and WNBA Storm -- would not officially comment until the press conference.

The Seattle Times reported Tuesday that Oklahoma City businessman Clay Bennett was involved in the purchase of the Sonics.

they plan to keep them in seattle i heard? oklahoma would be a disaster for any professional sport.

The Oklahoma City / New Orleans Hornets drew a lot of fans / local support in Oklahoma City so I don't know what you're talking about. I've always been one to support an NFL franchise moving to Oklahoma or Nebraska, the fans of those colleges are very loyal.

Archived