Don Banks/CNNSI Dolphin Comment

strange_andy

All the Phins fans who are talking smack, which I find very humerous, because your Phags are one of the worst teams in the NFL. Also, keep in mind where critics and sports writers were predicting the Jets in 2006. Here is a snippet from Don Banks:

Q: Which underachiever is the league's biggest disappointment thus far?

A: Three teams that made the playoffs in 2005 are currently under .500: the Super Bowl-champion Steelers (1-3) in the AFC, and Tampa Bay (0-4) and Washington (2-3) in the NFC. But it's Miami's lack of building on that six-game season-ending winning streak of last year that rates as the biggest letdown of 2006 so far.

The Dolphins, picked by at least one national sports publication to become the first team to play the Super Bowl on its home field (you know which one), are 1-4 and have played only three decent quarters of football all season. Miami already has lost to the likes of Buffalo at home and Houston on the road, and barely survived a visit from winless Tennessee.

Miami's offensive line has been shaky at best, its defense is getting older by the minute, and the problems at quarterback have been well-documented. Even the addition of respected coordinators Dom Capers and Mike Mularkey hasn't worked. In short, coach Nick Saban's entire program appears to be enduring a sophomore slump.

So, we'll see what happens Sunday. After the beating by Jacksonville, I have no idea what to expect from the Jets.

All the Phins fans who are talking smack, which I find very humerous, because your Phags are one of the worst teams in the NFL. Also, keep in mind where critics and sports writers were predicting the Jets in 2006. Here is a snippet from Don Banks:

Q: Which underachiever is the league's biggest disappointment thus far?

A: Three teams that made the playoffs in 2005 are currently under .500: the Super Bowl-champion Steelers (1-3) in the AFC, and Tampa Bay (0-4) and Washington (2-3) in the NFC. But it's Miami's lack of building on that six-game season-ending winning streak of last year that rates as the biggest letdown of 2006 so far.

The Dolphins, picked by at least one national sports publication to become the first team to play the Super Bowl on its home field (you know which one), are 1-4 and have played only three decent quarters of football all season. Miami already has lost to the likes of Buffalo at home and Houston on the road, and barely survived a visit from winless Tennessee.

Miami's offensive line has been shaky at best, its defense is getting older by the minute, and the problems at quarterback have been well-documented. Even the addition of respected coordinators Dom Capers and Mike Mularkey hasn't worked. In short, coach Nick Saban's entire program appears to be enduring a sophomore slump.

So, we'll see what happens Sunday. After the beating by Jacksonville, I have no idea what to expect from the Jets.

I would say losing to the Jills and barely squeaking by the Titans were embarrassing but the Texans are actually slightly improved from the cellar dweller years. David Carr really took to Kubiak's offense and against us they switched up their formally vanilla defense and started gambling. It worked against us which aint saying much but it may be enough for them to go 5-11 or 6-10 before the year is out. I think they'll play teams tough this year, especially if teams look past them.

The sad fact is that in a year where the Patsies are ripe for being dethroned, none of our teams are stepping up. Whoever loses this game will be in last place in the division. Be afraid, be very afraid

By the way, as to us being a disappointment because the sportswriters overrated us, I think it says more about the morons who write predictions being clueless than it says about us. We're playing up to our talent level, but I guess the sportswriters cant grasp talent

You keep saying that the Dolphins season is dismal and in the gutter. Will you be saying the same thing about your Jets on Monday when the Jests and Dolphins have the same record? Of course not, you'll still be lying in the gutter licking the inside of an old beercan trying to forget the worst loss in Jets history. On Sunday the Jets get humiliated. GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived