Mike Pelfrey....

Zeebers

Has been a bright spot in a dismal season so far. His numbers hasn't always looked pretty but over the past month or so, we've been seeing steady progress. Maybe he'll live up to those lofty expectations when he was drafted after all.

PS. Orlando Hernandez stay away, stay far far away.

Has been a bright spot in a dismal season so far. His numbers hasn't always looked pretty but over the past month or so, we've been seeing steady progress. Maybe he'll live up to those lofty expectations when he was drafted after all.

PS. Orlando Hernandez stay away, stay far far away.

we need pelph to be a bright spot in the 2nd half if we want to compete.

• 2 weeks later...
we need pelph to be a bright spot in the 2nd half if we want to compete.

Big Mike is turning into a top of the rotation guy right in front of our eyes. I don't remember the Mets having a young home grown pitcher pitching like this, pitching as well as he has and looking every bit like a big winner for years to come. The closest thing to this that I can remember was watching Izzy go 9-2 in his rookie year only to fail as a starter the next season.

Big Mike is turning into a top of the rotation guy right in front of our eyes. I don't remember the Mets having a young home grown pitcher pitching like this, pitching as well as he has and looking every bit like a big winner for years to come. The closest thing to this that I can remember was watching Izzy go 9-2 in his rookie year only to fail as a starter the next season.

thats why you never know with these guys... maybe he is turning the corner, maybe its a flash in the pan..

who knows... everybody wants to either call a guy a superstar or a bum instead of just letting him pitch and learning and growing. How many people gave up on him earlier this year? And they'll jump off again when he hits the inevitable rough patch in august...

I'm happy with how's he pitched lately, but still cautiously optimistic.

Archived