Jets news & Football articles 7/6/08

Kentucky Jet

Lombardi thinks Jets should go after Favre

By Hoss Aultman

Posted Jul 5, 2008

There are rumors circulating that former Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre wants to make a comeback, but not with the Packers. One NFL insider thinks the Jets should make a run at him.

Former NFL executive Mike Lombardi, who know writes for the Sports Illustrated website, was one of the reporters who broke the story about Favre wanting to play again.

Lombardi, during an appearance on Sirius NFL Radio, with Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan, was asked what teams should make a run at Favre. Gang Green was the first team that popped into his head.

"The Jets would be a good spot, they don't have a quarterback," said Lombardi.

Meredith Takes Flight at Maxim Photo Shoot

Published: Thu, July 3, 2008 - 3:59pm EST

By Randy Lange

Lange is editor-in-chief of newyorkjets.com. He covered the Jets for 13 years for The Record of Hackensack, N.J.

File Under: Denise Garvey, Flight Crew, Meredith Maxim

change font email article

Real Player Not Found

Sorry. You do not have RealPlayer installed or your version is out-of-date.

Click here to install the latest RealPlayer so you can enjoy Jets multimedia.

07/03

Giants Stadium(s)

View Van-Murph's mapTaken in a place with no name (See more photos or videos here)On final approach to Newark's runway 22L, I snapped this photo of Giants Stadium, home of the New York Giants and the New York Jets. It's an interesting time in NY. The Mets, Yankees, Giants, and Jets all have new stadiums under construction in the parking lots of the current stadiums. The New Jersey Devils have just moved into their new arena in downtown Newark. Now if the Rangers, Knicks, and Islanders could get new digs, the entirety of NY teams would be in new staduims! (Viewed in Original Size, you can see the large carnival in the parking lot!)

This photo has notes. Move your mouse over the photo to see them.

Would you like to comment?

sorry, I treid to get the photo here but I couldn/\'t but the point is there in the written words!

Archived