Some things I got from this game

MagicBizkit87

1) Girardi is still irritating me. Cano on 1st, and he does a hit & run. Then Gardner gets on, and Damon doesn't bunt. You guys can't seriously agree with what he did here, can you?

2) This team still can't hit in the clutch, and the fact that the cheapest player on the team gets the winning hit, and not A-Rod is hilarious.

3) Brett Gardner.... He is a great hitter, should have been up all year, he is light years ahead of Melky Cabrera. Melky has the defensive edge, but he did get a player thrown out at the plate yesterday. 2 game winning hits, one of one of the best closers in the game. What more can you ask from a young guy?

4) Sidney Ponson. Yeah, everyone knows I hate this guy, but damn, he is really proving me wrong. He has been pretty much good in his last 4 starts to get wins in those starts. Can't ask more from Ponson.

I saw a lot of mistakes by the manager, and the players, but this is the first win in a while that I feel proud of this team. It's a nice feeling to be on the winning side for once.

Girardi is pissing me off lately. Unbelievably asinine move to pinch run for Giambi in the 7th when he would've likely needed him in the 8th or 9th. And also a stupid move not to pitch Mo in the 9th. Yes, I know, he hasn't been great in non-save situations--blah, blah, blah--but if you lose, you lose with your best on the mound. Ramirez wasn't the right call there. And yes, Damon should've bunted, no matter if I don't particularly care for the bunt. The Yankees haven't been scoring. They need a chance to score anyway they can, and that can happen with a runner on 3rd.

Archived