JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

What I said was you WANT us to think "you have to be pro-town, no anti-town player would be this obvious"

Oh, my bad.

But I raise you...

Maybe I'm pro-town at heart.

But I'm acting anti-town.

So that you'll think I'm anti-town, but couldn't be that obvious, so I'm pro-town, but that's what I want you to think, so I'm anti-town, but even that I knew about so really I'm pro-town.

What then?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, my bad.

But I raise you...

Maybe I'm pro-town at heart.

But I'm acting anti-town.

So that you'll think I'm anti-town, but couldn't be that obvious, so I'm pro-town, but that's what I want you to think, so I'm anti-town, but even that I knew about so really I'm pro-town.

What then?

A paradox, wrapped inside an enigma, sprinkled with deceit?

All the while all I wanted to say is I'm not going to vote for him because he's an 'inactive', and that it's rare to see scum act in that way... but I thought that would be too EY.

But, when you jumped on me, it was either self preservation as a townie, or as scum.

I am one of the good guys.

What does you acting like a complete spaz have to do with me, though?

Plus, I'm not the only one who jumped over to you, your actions were very scummy.

my 'actions'?

You jumped on me when I said,

I'm the cult leader, I confess.

So, lets just assume EY is the cult leader. Cause even if he's lying, he'll need to go today or tonight at this point as he's going to be a distraction at best, a detriment at worst from here on out.

So is it better to kill him now or force the scum to kill him tonight?

Really depends on whether or not we lynch scum today AND whether or not scum kills him tonight.. The more I think about it the more it makes me think that the scum will just punt it back to us tomorrow anyway..

So unvote, vote henrEY

Vote Count

Tony Montana (1) - Henry Hill

Sonny LoSpecchio (5) - Lefty Ruggerio, Ace Rothstein, Joe Cabot, Al Capone, Carlito Brigante

Henry Hill (6) - Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Virgil Sollozo, Tony Soprano, Vito Corleone, Frank Costello

Frank Costello (1) - Jimmy Conway

With 16 players alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch

So besides me, who should we kill today. I changed my mind. I want to live dammit.

That therapy was great. I'm happy again.

I'll be fair and answer your question. In order of who I think is threatening other than you it's Sonny and Tony. I was the first to mention Tony flying under the radar with the disappearing act of "I'll be back in 20-30 minutes" and not coming back for over a day. However, he still hasn't shown up....and I would think scum flying under the radar would have said SOMETHING now (though todays events have caused a great distraction--see Sonny).

As for Sonny....it works out a little too well for him, to be honest. You go crazy, and the immense heat he was feeling is gone. I dont know...something doesn't add up, I just can't figure out what for the life of me.

Ok, here's my peace. Tony is suspicious, but he'll have to wait until at least tomorrow in my opinion....too much else going on right now. I dont feel good about Sonny, as has been mentioned, because he seemingly used the whole ordeal with Henry/EY to his advantage. Got it and out without having to say much. Needless to say, very suspicious. I was about ready to switch to him when it dawned on me...despite what EY would have us to believe, there is NO WAY he'd screw the game over just to get himself killed. He enjoys this game enough to mod it, and is one of the biggest players here. I just don't buy it.

What is it thats fishy exactly, I do not know. But look guys, he's already accomplished what it was he set out to do. People have already jumped off his bandwagon. If theres one thing we've learned in the JN Mafia games it's that EY is SPECTACULAR at manipulating the town to do what he wants. I do NOT think he is the Cult Leader. I do think he is a member of the mafia or perhaps converted cult.

I am completely and totally certain of this. If he is not, he has no one to blame but himself. He went crazy with only 4 votes, and in 2nd place (and Sonny gaining a lot of steam, REGARDLESS of what EY will have anyone think). I don't think it's out of the question as others have suggested that he's doing this to get heat off the cult leader, but I don't know.

The smart vote is to off EY. He's too good a player to have overreacted as a mere roleless townie

This nags at me too. Like Al said, could he be the Jester or Village Idiot role. Pushing to be lynched, not nightkilled. Something feels wrong. Or maybe that is his goal.

I'll be fair and answer your question. In order of who I think is threatening other than you it's Sonny and Tony. I was the first to mention Tony flying under the radar with the disappearing act of "I'll be back in 20-30 minutes" and not coming back for over a day. However, he still hasn't shown up....and I would think scum flying under the radar would have said SOMETHING now (though todays events have caused a great distraction--see Sonny).

As for Sonny....it works out a little too well for him, to be honest. You go crazy, and the immense heat he was feeling is gone. I dont know...something doesn't add up, I just can't figure out what for the life of me.

This too. But means he would be scum or a cult member. So lynching him today still lowers their numbers.

A Jester is a role which wins when they are lynched. They generally cause difficulty for the Town in two ways. First, because (while the Jester is alive) they aim to prevent the Town from lynching Scum. Second, because their attempts to get themselves lynched inevitably involve trying to convince the Town that they are Scum, and thereby cause confusion and distraction for as long as they are alive.

If a Jester is lynched before any other faction has won, the game will usually continue to determine second place.

Often a Jester role also involves a Post Restriction, so that it is not too easy for the Jester to get themelves lynched.

A variation of this role is the Kamikaze or Suicide Bomber, where the player that casts the deciding vote dies along with the lynchee.

Note the part on post restriction. Could Doggin leave that out IF he put one in the game? Yeah....I dont think he would though

A Jester is a role which wins when they are lynched. They generally cause difficulty for the Town in two ways. First, because (while the Jester is alive) they aim to prevent the Town from lynching Scum. Second, because their attempts to get themselves lynched inevitably involve trying to convince the Town that they are Scum, and thereby cause confusion and distraction for as long as they are alive.

If a Jester is lynched before any other faction has won, the game will usually continue to determine second place.

Often a Jester role also involves a Post Restriction, so that it is not too easy for the Jester to get themelves lynched.

A variation of this role is the Kamikaze or Suicide Bomber, where the player that casts the deciding vote dies along with the lynchee.

Note the part on post restriction. Could Doggin leave that out IF he put one in the game? Yeah....I dont think he would though

Interesting. I highly doubt that Doggin would put a role like that in a game. Only because it would be easy for a player to get lynched early, especially a stronger player. And who the F would want to play a game for 2nd place because someone pulled a jackass move like HenrEY just did during day 2.

Also, he hasnt really defended anyone, only himself. And this description says he would try to keep scum alive.

Who knows, but that was some spectacle.

Likely not then. Unless the post restriction involves outing himself.

So you're for taking out Sonny, and seeing what happens with EY tonight?

No, I still believe we should lynch EY today. With some hesitation. But I cannot imagine him acting this way without a reason.

I was saying if that reason involves Sonny, so be it. By taking out EY we take out scum or a cult member.

Likely not then. Unless the post restriction involves outing himself.

No, I still believe we should lynch EY today. With some hesitation. But I cannot imagine him acting this way without a reason.

I was saying if that reason involves Sonny, so be it. By taking out EY we take out scum or a cult member.

Got you

Archived