Pro Football Focus

Ten

Hey all,some of you may of stumbled accross this site before.

Pro football focus is run by die hard fans who have watch every play over and over again and asign a grade for each player on if they succeded in doing their task or not (0 being a standard,- being a poor job and + being a good job).All the grades are added up for games and the season so you can view who is the best at their positions and who are horrible.

You might just be surprised by some of the results,remember good players can have a bad plays and it all takes a couple of bad plays to remove all the good work you've done.And those unsung players who do all the dirty work might grade higher than those who make highlight plays.

Also check out the player partcipation for each game,it tells you who was on the filed and where they lined up on every play (minus special teams).

As you can imagine a lot of effort has gone into producing this site and I reckon it paints a better picture of how good players are compared to their stats.

Check it out.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/home.php

The data on that site is not accurate. I have not spot checked every piece of data, but it is pretty obvious to even the least knowlegable about football that Tom Brady particpated in more than 64 plays during the 2007 NFL season.

They never got round to completing the data for 2007 season.I don't even think they got half the games done,2008 however is complete.

Although to be fair,if you review every single play of every single game,you are going to have the odd mistake.The people who done the site are human.

They never got ron to completing the data for 2007 season.I don't even think they got half the games done,2008 however is complete.

Although to be fair,if you review every single play of every single game,you are going to have the odd mistake.The people who done the site are human.

We are are not talking about a small error, such as player actually playing in 66 plays and them saying it was 64. Or completely missing a player that was only in two plays.

And it couldn't be they didn't watch all of NEP's games...they have Matt Light at 1123 plays. Moss at 1096 etc. Could Moss be off and really be 1092 or 1105?...sure. I would not noticce an error like that.

But 64 for Tom Brady stands out as pretty obvious. He threw almost that many TD.

We are are not talking about a small error, such as player actually playing in 66 plays and them saying it was 64. Or completely missing a player that was only in two plays.

And it couldn't be they didn't watch all of NEP's games...they have Matt Light at 1123 plays. Moss at 1096 etc. Could Moss be off and really be 1092 or 1105?...sure. I would not noticce an error like that.

But 64 for Tom Brady stands out as pretty obvious. He threw almost that many TD.

I can't see the 64 plays but he does have less than he should.

It's probably because of two reasons

A)it was the site's first season attempting this mamoth task

B)They didn't do much player partcipation in 2007,which is where they probably get the their info for number of plays.

2008,the data is complete.But I think they abandoned 2007 when 2008 started.

Archived