I actually like the "McKnight II: Electric WR Boogaloo" Pick

Warfish

Why not?

Very late 7th round pick, the odds of getting a stud are miniscule.

The guy is our Franchize QB's best friend, and clearly has chemistry with the guy. Thats never bad.

His measureables aren't world beaters, to be sure, but thats hardly a huge killer in the late 7th. He's a shot int he dark pick for the relation to Sanchez, and the idea that having his bff on the squadmight help Sanchez continue to develop, or at worst give Sanchez a guy to play #4 WR/Slot and use as "know where he'll be" escape option.

Worst case, he sucks, and he gets cut. So what, most 7th's fail.

And the difference between a late 7th, and the host of UDFA's available means little, if there was a guy available at that spot, odds say he might still be available as an UDFA, and we have cause to trust Tanny to go out and get the UDFA's they want.

So no harm, no foul, a little bff depth at a position the lockout has quite up in the air for us.

Remember, the Jets never sit on their hands in free agancy, and in this backwards year we have to deal with draft first, free agency second, so alot of depth or needs may still come to light if we lose players, or get filled entirely to our satisfaction if we aquire a few.

At the end of the day, this pick is somewhat irrelevant if it fails, and a great add if he's any kind of help for Sanchez, or any kind of success on his own performance.

Word. Fills a need (underneath/slot guy) and can be counted on to scrap on special teams. Ran in the 4.4's, too, so that's not shabby.

Did I ever tell you I once ran a 4.68 40? In High school, at 6'5" 285.

Maybe I picked the wrong sport, playing baseball. Shoulda been a Tight End. :P

Archived