No Brad Richards Threads?

madmikeisback

I really was not for getting Richards, and the last thing I would ever do is defend Sather, but considering what they got him for and what other free agents signed for, it really is not all that bad.

I'd love to hear how this is the same thing though?

Take a look at how many times Richards put up 70+ seasons, compared to Gomez and Drury, which were both horrible signings.

Richards is a top 10 #1 center/play-maker in the league, and the moron got him signed for less than he did the 2 bums mentioned above who are both 3rd line material.

Now tell me again how it's the same?

How many more times are the Devils going to bring back Jacques Lemaire? :blink:

I really was not for getting Richards, and the last thing I would ever do is defend Sather, but considering what they got him for and what other free agents signed for, it really is not all that bad.

I'd love to hear how this is the same thing though?

Take a look at how many times Richards put up 70+ seasons, compared to Gomez and Drury, which were both horrible signings.

Richards is a top 10 #1 center/play-maker in the league, and the moron got him signed for less than he did the 2 bums mentioned above who are both 3rd line material.

Now tell me again how it's the same?

How many more times are the Devils going to bring back Jacques Lemaire? :blink:

It's the same because you're giving an insane contract to a guy on the wrong side of 30 who's been hurt. It's just dumb.

It's the same because you're giving an insane contract to a guy on the wrong side of 30 who's been hurt. It's just dumb.

The contract is not so insane considering what other FA's got this year, and what Sather has done in the past.

Look at how it is structured, it can be bought out for a minimal cap hit by the time Richards is past his prime.

Making it possible to be converted into a short term deal, or moved if it became necessary, that has not been the case with the previous Sather blunders.

He is a top 10 center, and he's coming off a career year.

I prefer they did not sign him, and wish they would just let the kids develop, but I know better.

They are not going to do that completely, and considering what could have happened, this is not as bad as I anticipated it would be.

Richards took less money to become a Ranger, I think that's a first.

Perhaps you should be more concerned with what is going on in the swamp.

Archived