Patrick Turner on specials

bitonti

before last game Patrick Turner was elevated to roster. until last game I've always thought of him as an offense only guy

but what do you know he did damn good on specials. To have a guy that big and fast (compared to LBs at least) and willing to tackle is rare. If he keeps it up he won't be inactive.

Yeah. I mentioned in the thread where I was accused of bashing him. He made a nice play. Did you notice him more than the once? I didn't, but that certainly doesn't mean he wasn't doing anything good.

How about Smith? Sombody, I think it's Rutgers, claims he's a great gunner, but I don't see it. Cole seems to be the first guy down on every punt. Cole seems pretty good on punt covers, despite the stupid penalty.

How about Smith? Sombody, I think it's Rutgers, claims he's a great gunner, but I don't see it.

Eric Smith? He's the special teams king. he's not getting many tackles because the 3 LB Bellore, McIntyre and Mauga are pretty much wild dogs out there. Cumberland i think also had a tackle on specials. it's good to see.

as most fans know, the way the Jets works, Rex gets a list of players from Westy and doesn't argue with him about it. If a player can get on Westy's list he will be active and drawing an NFL paycheck.

the problem with guys like Aaron Maybin and Everette Brown, the 5th OLB that fans want brought in,even if they are good long term pass rush projects, they don't get on Westy's list.

Archived