Season Ticket Holders

Gainzo

I was a season ticket holder from 1990 thru 2007.

When the PSL's kicked in with Favre in 2008, I jumped off the season ticket ship for a number of reasons.

1. Cost. No matter how you paint the picture, it costs you a hell of alot more money out of pocket to buy season tickets through the Jets than it did three years ago, even beyond traditional yearly increases (inflation, etc...). PSL's, concessions, parking ... it's insane. In 2007, for a family of 4 to attend 1 game utilizing my season tix, it generally cost me about $400-$450 per game experience, which included game tix, parking, gas, tolls, and concessions. That same exact experience, in the same seats, in 2011, would cost me over $1,000 per game, about 125% increase. The difference in just tickets alone is about $320 in 2007 to approximately $900 when you factor in a PSL charge over 15 years financing charge proration.

2. The new stadium itself is a let down. I've been there for a few singluar games, as well as some concerts. The experience of it is just not worth the extra dollars, when you factor in the amenities, which are really not a big enough improvement to justify the tremendous increase in cost. The stadium itself has nothing that differentiates itself or makes it that much more special than the experience I got in the old Stadium. Traffic situation is not much better, if at all.

3. The crowd itself. I got tired of listening to drunken, middle aged idiots calling 15 year old girls wearing Tom Brady jerseys, words I wouldn't call my worst enemy, all in front of my teenage kids. Just wasn't fun anymore for this father of two trying to instill the concept of having courtesy and consideration for others in my kids.

4. Personally, the television coverage for the NFL far and away blows away anything I can get at the stadium. With access to ALL the NFL games through either the NFL Ticket package or the Red Zone, I can follow the entire league.

5. NFL Scheduling. I liked going to games on Sunday afternoon. It was a weekly ritual that I could plan my day, week, around and didn't have to worry about it infringing on my work week or other parts of my free time. Now you have to worry about whether or not you have a Thursday night game, or a Saturday night game, or if you're playing on Thanksgiving, or Christmas, etc... Then if you are and you can't attend, you have to worry about how you're gonna get rid of your tickets, proabably losing more money in the process. Not for me.

6. PSL are a bad investment, period. They depreciate in value, not appreciate. It's a losing proposition, financially.

At the end of the day, all these things factored in to me giving up my tickets.

I will say, that I am a bit older than most on this board, probably in a different phase of my life. At one time, I lived for going to the games and for about a 15 year stretch didn't miss a single home game. But I must admit, if I had to pay the inordinate increases back then to go to these games then, I probably would have made the same decision to discontinue the season tickets.

That said, if you really ENJOY going to the games, and you're fortunate enough to be able to afford the much higher costs associated with season tickets and not worry about the money end of it, more power to you ... I certainly don't begrudge someone in that position.

Actually it was originally $5,000, but then they reduced it down to $2,500, at which point they sold like crack rock. I am pretty sure my section is the best psl deal in the stadium. They lowered the mezz endzone B from $4,000 to $2,500, and the lower sideline from $15,000 to $10,000.

Looking at their new psl seating chart, i see that those seats are now $4,000.

Yea they raised both sections back up to what they were selling for originally...I do not remember them being offered at $2,500 a PSL, I would have jumped on that because I like the view from the lower level endzone

Huh?

I never claim to be better... I always just need to defend myself when being called an idiot for buying PSL's.

The people who didn't buy are almost always the aggressors and bigger jerks.

I consider myself lucky to have the chance to buy the seats I did, not better.

From my perspective it seems like you work for the Jets front office as you defend everything that the Jets do. That is my opinion and I have nothing against you at all. IMO the reason other people get all over you is because of that.

I was a season ticket holder from 1990 thru 2007.

When the PSL's kicked in with Favre in 2008, I jumped off the season ticket ship for a number of reasons.

1. Cost. No matter how you paint the picture, it costs you a hell of alot more money out of pocket to buy season tickets through the Jets than it did three years ago, even beyond traditional yearly increases (inflation, etc...). PSL's, concessions, parking ... it's insane. In 2007, for a family of 4 to attend 1 game utilizing my season tix, it generally cost me about $400-$450 per game experience, which included game tix, parking, gas, tolls, and concessions. That same exact experience, in the same seats, in 2011, would cost me over $1,000 per game, about 125% increase. The difference in just tickets alone is about $320 in 2007 to approximately $900 when you factor in a PSL charge over 15 years financing charge proration.

2. The new stadium itself is a let down. I've been there for a few singluar games, as well as some concerts. The experience of it is just not worth the extra dollars, when you factor in the amenities, which are really not a big enough improvement to justify the tremendous increase in cost. The stadium itself has nothing that differentiates itself or makes it that much more special than the experience I got in the old Stadium. Traffic situation is not much better, if at all.

3. The crowd itself. I got tired of listening to drunken, middle aged idiots calling 15 year old girls wearing Tom Brady jerseys, words I wouldn't call my worst enemy, all in front of my teenage kids. Just wasn't fun anymore for this father of two trying to instill the concept of having courtesy and consideration for others in my kids.

4. Personally, the television coverage for the NFL far and away blows away anything I can get at the stadium. With access to ALL the NFL games through either the NFL Ticket package or the Red Zone, I can follow the entire league.

5. NFL Scheduling. I liked going to games on Sunday afternoon. It was a weekly ritual that I could plan my day, week, around and didn't have to worry about it infringing on my work week or other parts of my free time. Now you have to worry about whether or not you have a Thursday night game, or a Saturday night game, or if you're playing on Thanksgiving, or Christmas, etc... Then if you are and you can't attend, you have to worry about how you're gonna get rid of your tickets, proabably losing more money in the process. Not for me.

6. PSL are a bad investment, period. They depreciate in value, not appreciate. It's a losing proposition, financially.

At the end of the day, all these things factored in to me giving up my tickets.

I will say, that I am a bit older than most on this board, probably in a different phase of my life. At one time, I lived for going to the games and for about a 15 year stretch didn't miss a single home game. But I must admit, if I had to pay the inordinate increases back then to go to these games then, I probably would have made the same decision to discontinue the season tickets.

That said, if you really ENJOY going to the games, and you're fortunate enough to be able to afford the much higher costs associated with season tickets and not worry about the money end of it, more power to you ... I certainly don't begrudge someone in that position.

Well said mate. I can't comment on points 2, 3 and 6 but I agree on everything else.

Archived