Sloppy Practice Leads to Rex Calling Out Team

flgreen

Signs of improving as a HC in year 5 is not something to rave about. We have already this season seen him challenge ball spots. In the past we have seen him challege ball spots & lose when we were going for it on 4th down anyway.  Then there was the multiple no punt returner formations against NE the first game.

His clock mgmt is always questionable.  His teams are the King of letdown games......How many straight games w/out back to back W's????.  Then there is his approach on D when defending a one score lead late.  Throw in his handling of the QB situation last season which was mind boggling at times.

I love the guy and hope things work out for him but his type of flaws are the difference between being an ok and elite HC and they have been constant throughout his tenure.

I wasn't raving about the improvements or Rex, just trying to be fair and objective.  He is still far from ideal.  He still has all the flaws you mention..  The thing is, Woody likes him, so we may be stuck with him regardless of how much/how little he improves.  Also, at this point, I don't think there's one single candidate to replace him that I could get on board with.  I've seen enough rookie HCs and I don't like any of the retreads.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived