Jets' Jeremy Kerley expects return from elbow injury against Raiders

Jetfan13

13874567-mmmain.jpg
Jeremy Kerley, right, was not allowed to play against the Dolphins Sunday after Kenneth Montgomery, left, the Jets' team orthopedist and other members of the Jets medical staff deemed Kerley's injured elbow unfit. (William Perlman/The Star-Ledger)

By Michael J. Fensom/The Star-Ledger The Star-Ledger  

Jeremy Kerley, the Jets' leading pass catcher in yards and receptions, said today that he will return to the lineup Sunday against the Oakland Raiders. Since dislocating his left elbow on Nov. 3 against the New Orleans Saints, the wide receiver has missed three consecutive games, all Jets losses.

Kerley said he nearly participated in last Sunday's loss to the Miami Dolphins. He had returned to practice last week without the protection of a red no-contact jersey. On the field at MetLife Stadium prior to kickoff, though, he did not satisfy the Jets medical staff that he could safely face the Dolphins.

"It was close, man. I wanted to go," Kerley said. "My arm is saying different, though."

Asked if the injury might cost another game, Kerley said, "I’m good regardless this Sunday. Of anything. Pain. It don’t matter. I’ll be there."

The Jets offense has sagged without Kerley in the lineup. In each of the last three weeks, the Jets passing attack has turned in a new season low yardage total, including Sunday's nadir of 78 yards.

Kerley has 28 catches this season for 347 yards and two touchdowns. He has missed four of the Jets' 12 games. A concussion held him out of a Week 2 loss to the New England Patriots.

Archived