Interesting admission from Jets beat writer

GREENBEAN

Well, if you can't bait the coach into helping your articles get clicks, just invoke the name "Taylor Swift"

I saw that too.  lol 

then I played taylor swift on my computer and danced with my little 4 year old daughter. So I guess he did more than got a few extra clicks there. He made my morning with that one. :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's different when you actually back up your guarantees.  

Don't you remember the little comment Belichick uttered about our defense as he was walking off the field.  You think Rex's comments didn't matter to him.  You think the NY Giants weren't a little extra motivated because of Rex claiming in his book that the Jets owned NYC...even thought the Giants had rings and we had nothing.

It's OK to like Rex (or love him for that matter) but you gotta admit...the guys mouth is an enormous problem.  Doesn't help his teams.

I agree with this.  You would think, and I hear it all the time here, that these players shouldn't need motivation to get up for the games. The thing is they still do. And hearing Rex say things like he thinks his players are going to kick the hell out of your team makes you want to beat him that much more. It's the truth, Anyone denying that is unaware of how things work in the world. 

I liked it when we were backing it up, but it got old and Rex was afraid to change and a prisoner of his behavior. 

I still remember there was a 2010 pump up video the Jets made after the 09 season and there was a scene in the AFC championship game when a bloated Rex was in the tunnel looking at a colts fan who had some sign that said the Jets sucked or something and he said to himself. "Yeah pal we got something for your a**."  Then he ran out and said. "That's right! Here come the Jets!!!"  

I liked having a guy who believed like that. It was such a refreshing change from our norm and we were winning. It was great and he was "the guy" for me. 

Too bad they got so over confident that thy blew up the '10 team for Plax and Mason etc. :(

Archived