Inadvertant whistle and why do we need Mike Pereira?

Ex-Rex

There was no other reason for the "inadvertant whistle" than to protect Tom Brady on a play he was going to get blasted on the sideline. The ref thought he was going to throw the ball away and in order to protect the league's "star product" blew his whistle. Also, why do we have to hear from Mike Perriera and Mike Carey EVERY SINGLE GAME? In what universe are these guys necessary? The ever changing world of the NFL is where. They are there to tell us that our eyes lie to us. "That was not a catch" was Carey's words on the Beckham catch, which in my mind and my eyes told me it was a catch. Why on earth would you have to make a "football move" in the END ZONE? They are there to tell us that black is white and that the NFL is on the level, which we all know it is not. The refs now TOTALLY control the outcome of ballgames and the point spread, which is tantamount to being an entertainment industry rather than a true sport. Watch and see how the Jets get a$$ raped if a close play comes up against the Patriots, who are the "stars" of the league. Only teams with national fan bases are treated fairly, while teams with smaller fan bases don't count. Just a few of my rambling thoughts.

Archived