REGULAR SEASON FINAL BOSS: THE REX RYAN

CobraVerde

After Rex was fired, I really wanted to root for him on another (hopefully NFC) team, but now I just pity him. 

Rex seems to have learned almost nothing from his Jets experience....  Letting your players feel like they can say anything doesn't work, Rex should have learned this after 2012. Talk is cheap; his descent starting in 2011 should have also taught him this. Trying to force your scheme onto players who are incapable of running it doesn't work, he should have learned this in 2013 and 2014 when the lack of great CB play made us vulnerable to getting burned on 3rd down, big plays, and at the end of halves despite the blitzes. It also seems Rex hasn't found any new appreciation for discipline on the field with the Bills being penalized as much as they are. That Giants Bills game was a total embarrassment for Buffalo. 

Rex's current failure in Buffalo comes down to pride to me. I think he went in their being quite ignorant of Marrone's accomplishments and felt he could and should just force his scheme and ways on the players who already had good success under Schwartz and Marrone. That Bills team under Marrone and Schwartz destroyed this Jets team after Rex let them go to Dave and Busters rather than use the extra time to prepare. If I'm a Bills fan I'm feeling miserable about my future under Rex. 

Archived