I'm Not Worried

SoFlaJets

One thing that the new GM has been able to do is make this old time Jets fan confident that he has things under control, and has all of these plans thought out with contingencies-and not JUST a 'Plan B' but down to 'E'. Right now he is locked down in a game of high stakes poker against John Elway, who was a great QB but he's playing against a professional card shark, and if Ryan Fitz DOES go to Denver then that's exactly what Maccagnan wanted to happen all along and only then will Mac reveal his true plans for the QB position when and if Denver and Cleveland makes their moves. Everybody hated seeing Damon Harrison go-especially to the Giants but in this day and age of obesity running rampant in America there isn't a position easier to fill than that of a NT, especially when the guy is surrounded by some pro bowl level players Also, does the Matt Forte signing remind anyone else of the Thomas Jones signing back in 2007? They were both around the same age within a few months and I think barring some bad luck the Jets with the "Thunder and Lightning tandem of Forte and Bilal Powell we could be looking at the best production the team has had out of the backfield since the TJ, Leon Washington, and Brad Smith days.

As for who I think Maccagnan has in mind to fill out the QB and NT positions I know one thing; they aren't on the team-YET. And as for the crazy agenda-driven Jets fanatics hear this; It WILL NOT BE GENO S m HIT taking the snaps. It's not Bryce's team-yet although I really liked him learning behind a smart QB like Fitzy instead of watching Geno and saying "Hell I can do better than that...you betcha"

Agreed.  Only way I can lose confidence in this regime is if Geno ends up named starter in 2016.  We have to be able to do better than that when the dust settles.  When you get to Year 2 of a regime, you can ill-afford to lean on the failed QB of a past regime.  It has to be "your guy".

Archived