NY Jets Injury Updates

JetNation

Smith-Forte OTAs

The Jets have four practices in the books and an off day on Monday. They were in pads on Sunday for the first time and when they return to the field on Tuesday they will be in pads again. Head coach Todd Bowles spoke after practice and gave some injury updates. Here are the highlights.

Darrelle Revis
Well, he’s done the same thing the last three days. He does individuals. That’s what we have him scheduled for. We’ll see how he progresses and we’ll try to do a little more next week.

Dexter McDougle (missed practice)
He had a sore hamstring.

On whether Matt Forte did any work on the field…
No, he did not (hamstring). Day-by-day, we’ll see how he’s feeling.

Jace Amaro
Day Two, he’s making progress. It’s still early, you want to get the first two days of pads out of the way and then settle in and this way everybody can concentrate and we just monitor it day-by-day.

Juston Burris
He’s healthy. He was banged up in the spring, so it’s good to see him out here. He’s getting a lot of work. He’s getting a lot of experience going against some good receivers. It’s going to be interesting to see what he does going forward.

Be sure to check out all of our #JetsCamp Reports.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
nfeNdOVTR0c

Click here to read the full story...

Justin Burris will be the defensive STEAL of the 2016 draft up there with OLB J. Jenkins and Peake on offense. I LOVE Burris' size for the position and he was like a 4 year starter @ NC State: a FOOTBALL PLAYER!

7 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Justin Burris will be the defensive STEAL of the 2016 draft up there with OLB J. Jenkins and Peake on offense. I LOVE Burris' size for the position and he was like a 4 year starter @ NC State: a FOOTBALL PLAYER!

From all indications Jalin Marshall is killing it so Peake who I haven't really heard much about since camp started might not even make the team. Looks like he's competing for the last couple of roster spots.

Im so excited about Burris! He's got good size, if he turns out to be the real deal & both Milliner and McDougle contribute all of a sudden we have a deep secondary. 

I am starting to get excited about J Marshall. Unlike Spadola or Gates, J Marshall has other great receivers on the field with him and he is still flashing and turning heads every practice. 

A returner who also can double as a wr threat, reminds me slightly of John Brown on the Cards, explosive and ready to make the big play. Should be fun to watch him in preseason and see if its real or not.

Archived