New York Jets Head Coach Todd Bowles, 10.6

Maxman

New York Jets Head Coach Todd Bowles, 10.6

On injuries…

(Bryce) Petty, (Eric) Decker, Braedon Bowman, Brian Winters, Darrelle Revis, did not practice. Jalin Marshall, Muhammad Wilkerson, and Ryan Clady were limited.

On if he has any concerns about Clady or Wilkerson…

No.

On Jalin Marshall…

He’s getting better every day. He did some more things today.

On Darrelle Revis…

Right now he’s hurting. Unless he gets better, it’ll go right up until game time.

On Eric Decker…

I haven’t seen any progress from him.

On Decker possibly going on Injured Reserve…

Not at this time.

On Brian Winters playing Sunday…

Still too early to tell. Like I said, we’ll see how he’s feeling tomorrow.

On Revis running yet…

He’s been progressing, feeling better and we’ll see on Sunday morning.

On playing Antonio Allen more…

If the game plan applies we well. But if it doesn’t apply we probably won’t. But we have him in some packages.

On no progress from Decker…

As far as meaning he hasn’t been out on the practice field. He looks fine in a jersey. Progress to me means he has have to put on a helmet and run. I’m not saying he (is) any more injured. But I haven’t seen him out on the field. If you are not on the field then you just take it day-by-day or week-by-week.

On any sort of timeline for Decker…

We have to see how his progress is doing. It’s about him getting better first and seeing what he can and can’t do before you make that decision. If he’s worse every day, then that’s an easy decision. But that’s not the case right now. So we’ll just play it week by week, but we have something in mind, we all talk about it and we’ll deal with it if that time comes.

On addressing communication issues on offense and defense…

Well they always get addressed and it’s up to the coaches to make sure we address it. It’s up to us to work through the thing but it’s up to them Sunday to carry it out. I can’t sit here and promise you and say somebody won’t bust (an assignment). But we work on it all the time.

On if Decker is still in a rest period for his shoulder…

He’s progressing and doing some things to get better.

On addressing the penalties…

We address it every day. We can’t have, especially the offensive side of the ball, where we had three holdings and an unsportsmanlike. We’re starting first, second and twenty or twenty-five. We worked on some things this week. We just got to be better at it.

On how much of a challenge it is going against Todd Haley’s offense and the different looks he brings…

That’s every week. So we see it every week, it’s no real difference.

On Haley’s offense being more multiple than the average opponent…

No, I don’t (think it is).

On if J. Marshall’s injury a pain tolerance thing…

Well he was out there today. I don’t know what his pain tolerance is, but if he’s healthy enough to play he’ll play.

On how much he needs to see before making lineup changes…

As a coach you make a decision and you make it with the other coaches, and you see how the player communication is, and if you don’t feel comfortable you make a change.

On the blown coverage, and replacing that play…

When I don’t feel comfortable, I’ll make a change.

On Sammie Coates…

He’s fast, he’s explosive, he can catch, he’s a very good blocker. He is a good football player.

On the Steelers finding talented receivers…

I mean, they do a good job.

On progress in Austin Seferian-Jenkins…

He’s getting a better understanding being in week two. In pads one day but he’s getting a better understanding of certain things. Not the overall grasp, but he can do certain things.

On Seferian-Jenkins playing Sunday…

Depending on how many packages we carry, he may or may not.

On Seferian-Jenkins only having a few packages he’s in…

That’s correct.

On if the Steelers moving Antonio Brown around puts stress on the defense…

I don’t know if it puts a punch of stress because we see it all the time with certain guys. I don’t know if you see it as much as him but you just have to know where he is. There are time’s where you are just going to have to cover him on your own. They got a bunch of other guys, so if you pay attention to him, you’ll get burnt by the other guys. You got to make sure you are aware of him and everybody has to do their job.

On if the big plays against the secondary were mental or physical…

It has nothing to do with athleticism.

On if players taking steps in the wrong direction is a result of poor instincts…

That’s not instincts, that’s fundamentals.

On if there are situations where a player can have poor instincts…

If they didn’t have instincts, they wouldn’t be in there.

This is what disturbs me most about this:

On how much of a challenge it is going against Todd Haley’s offense and the different looks he brings…

Why can't Bowles articulate what the difference is in one OC from another.

4 hours ago, Jets_Win said:

This is what disturbs me most about this:

Why can't Bowles articulate what the difference is in one OC from another.

Because Todd Bowles is an Idiot and this average Steeler Offense is going to destroy his underachieving poorly coached defense. I've seen enough of this guy

Archived