In defense of Woody Johnson.

Villain The Foe

I know this is going to sound crazy and like I'm contradicting myself but I think we're headed in the right direction -- if Woody is prepared to show some backbone and get rid of Bowles and hire a real coach like Coughlin or McCarthy.

We know next year's starting qb isn't on the roster.  Maybe we get lucky in the draft or simply get a competent veteran.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 3:37 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

Since Woody Johnson bought this franchise, the Jets are 130-146. When this season is over, barring a miracle they will have made the playoffs 6 times of the 17 seasons that he has owned the team. They are 4-6 within those 6 times and made a Super Bowl not once. The team has gone through 4 GMs, 5 head coaches, and god knows how many quarterbacks and coordinators. The franchise has gone through more publically embarrassing bizarre sh*t than I can even recall, from Brett Favre's dick to Santonio Holmes' dick to Geno Smith's dick to Sal Alossi to the Buttfumble to Rex's idiocy to the bizarre pressers of Herm and Chad to Mangini and Pete Kendall to the Gate D spirals fiasco to IK to Sanchez's ******* braids and holy crap I have to stop. 

In defense of. You gotta be kidding me with this sh*t. **** Woody Johnson and his incompetence and the complete culture of schmucktitude he has brought on my life with the fire of a thousand suns.

Agree.  Imo the OP's focus on whether or not Johnson is or has done the fans' bidding is beside the point.  We have no way of knowing if he'd done things differently, meaning in specific following a course and plans that HE would have come up with on his own, that things would be any better.  It's pure and I would say idle speculation at this point.

The facts include not only the hard numbers you mention, but that at the time Johnson bought the team, it was finally again a reputable organization.  20 minutes away from a Super Bowl in Mile High when they seemed to run out of gas and the Broncos won, but with good reason to be hopeful for the future.  So it's not merely those hard numbers in the overall record but the FACT that Johnson's ownership has had its ups and downs, but the overall trajectory has been down.

Fans wanting quick results may or may not be accurate, but another FACT is that Johnson has owned the team for 17 years.  How is expecting more from his tenure an instance of impatience?   How much more patience does Johnson deserve?  Another 17 years of more of the same?

Whoever and what ever Johnson is listening to is also besides the point.  He owns the team and is responsible whether by commission or omission.  He can't evade that responsibility by having his supporters here and elsewhere blame the fans or Charlie Casserly or anyone else.

The simple fact is that Johnson bought the team with money his family made running J&J, and he has no record of success in any business venture.  Nor does he have any particular football knowledge, and I often note knows less about the game than your average poster here.  Yet he HAS made many decisions that have hurt the team, or failed to make better ones that would have had an impact on the team that would have been favorable.  What reason to do we have to think he will suddenly do better going forward?

Can't think of any.

It's a hard thing to accept, but while this all does not mean it is literally impossible for him to eventually succeed, it makes it very unlikely that he will.  In short I do not see the Jets getting their second VLT until after someone else becomes the owner of the team.

On 11/15/2016 at 9:53 AM, Ex-Rex said:

I believe the reason for Mo and Richardson's regression is Bowles. They don't buy into his style and his lack of adjustments and he simply isn't decisive enough. He seems to always be worried about how his decisions will be seen so he doesn't make one. Look at how he is waffling on the QB situation. While it is clear to the fans that at 3-7 the season is over, so why not start the kid QB and see what he's got over a good sample size of seven games? This dolt is still arguing the "best chance to win" guy. WTF?!!! So what if Fitz gives the team a meaningless win or two, does that tip the balance and make you look like a good HC? Absolutley not.

It is hard to defend clowns, and these guys are clowns----for different reasons.  Mo has always been lazy and pouty and sullen.  Sheldon has a B-I-I-I-I-I-G M-O-O-O-U-U-T-H.  U think they are more likely to poison LWs mind than do anything good for the rest of their term

Archived