Excerpt from my April 9th post

Jetster

I know I've been defending the Adams pick, I was positive he wouldn't drop to 6 based on how many people on Sirius NFL Network thought he was literally the safest pick in this entire draft based on football intelligence, production, athletic ability, leadership skill and passion for the game of football. Here is part of my post, so you can understand why I'm a happy Jet fan this morning.

"You need leadership at all levels of a football team. If you look at successful franchises they all have it. Obviously we need a QB to step up but we also have to find those character guys that fire people up. Football has to be played with a very high level of intensity each week or you have no chance. How many Mondays do you say, "wow, the Jets didn't even show up?".

I think Leo becomes the leader of our Dline obviously, Lee or Jenkins have to make that climb at LB since Harris is pretty much done. Pryors failure to play to expectations has really killed our secondary, so while everyone's poo pooing a safety like Adams at #6 it's imperative that we find a leader like Adams to solidify that part of the team."

Archived