Any football coaches here with some advice?

Lil Woody

I coach youth football, it's year 4 now for me, and I lost my OC who was just awesome. I know that I am lacking there with regard to teaching methods and mechanics and am looking to develop my own skillset further as a coach.  Presently I'm looking at coaches who work through CoachUP (or if someone can offer another similar service) to not only help my son with his positions better, but also at some coaches to help develop me in my areas of weakness in coaching to some of the offensive skill positions. I have id'ed a few good looking prospects through the service but figured maybe there a couple of guys here who might have been in a similar boat who can share some other tips. I have a good working relationship with the HS coaches and I get them to come over and help run practices from time to time with a couple of the varsity athletes (which is always a big hit with the kids), but you can only pick up so much detailed coaching when you are running the practices and also coaching many of the positional drills. I have a new coach as well, but he's pretty green. So I'm probably going with a train the trainer method to teach both me and him how to be a better offensive coach.  Anyone have any good advice?

Archived