Heads Up: SirisusXM at Jets camp tomorrow

JohnnyLV

For those of you who get NFL Network on SXM, Kirwan and Miller will be at Jets camp tomorrow from 3 to 6. Kirwan has been pretty outspoken on giving Hack all the reps, Miller as usual favors the veteran retread. Should be an interesting show.

53 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

For those of you who get NFL Network on SXM, Kirwan and Miller will be at Jets camp tomorrow from 3 to 6. Kirwan has been pretty outspoken on giving Hack all the reps, Miller as usual favors the veteran retread. Should be an interesting show.

In miller's defense he likes Hackenberg. Was in his corner leading up to '16 draft. 

I used to like Kirwan but IMO he seems to be mailing it in. And his constant criticism of the Jets is over the top considering when he was in Jets FO they won jack sh*t. 

BTW. Miller played for TB when Bates was there. He speaks highly of him. IRecall Miller saying the Jets QBs will be prepared when they get to the LOS to make their calls. 

9 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Lol, Kirwan leads with McCown should start in September because of the complexity of the offense.

Unless Hack or Petty are incredible this camp then McCown is starting week 1(or if there is an injury).  The real question is how soon Hack(most likely) or Petty get a chance?

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Unless Hack or Petty are incredible this camp then McCown is starting week 1(or if there is an injury).  The real question is how soon Hack(most likely) or Petty get a chance?

Incredible?  To beat out McCown?

I'm pretty sure somewhat competent will do.

15 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Incredible?  To beat out McCown?

I'm pretty sure somewhat competent will do.

it's not about bating out McCown, it's about proving to the coaches they are ready to play.  they don't want to start hack week 1 and have to yank him week 3.

44 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

it's not about bating out McCown, it's about proving to the coaches they are ready to play.  they don't want to start hack week 1 and have to yank him week 3.

Isn't the early part of our schedule "easy"?  If so, that seems like a great opportunity for Hack.  But if he isn't ready, throw in Petty to help guarantee losing.

The only way this season turns out to be bad is if McCown wins games.

If McCown does start, I hope I'm right about why the Jets paid him so much.  I think they paid him to basically give up on being a legit QB.  Meaning his job is to be competent enough to let the offense develop around him, but to also make sure we don't get wins.

10 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Isn't the early part of our schedule "easy"?  If so, that seems like a great opportunity for Hack.  But if he isn't ready, throw in Petty to help guarantee losing.

The only way this season turns out to be bad is if McCown wins games.

If McCown does start, I hope I'm right about why the Jets paid him so much.  I think they paid him to basically give up on being a legit QB.  Meaning his job is to be competent enough to let the offense develop around him, but to also make sure we don't get wins.

McCown is there as a vet option, nothing more.  he's not there to lose.  he's there to have a vet option to start the year if we need him early.

So Kirwan and Miller would like to see the Jets repeat history and start McCown, essentially because the offense is complicated. Miller would even consider starting McCown the "entire year". McCown is a turd. All he has is experience and charisma, but then again for Bowles that was enough with Fitzsucktric

Kirwan thinks Petty should not be the #3, but also says he saw "enough from Hack that he needs to start this year. But when". So not sure where his mind is, other than McCown should start all of the September games.

Miller was all McCown which I expected. I think he is like the leader of the secret CJQBB (Crappy Journeyman QB Brotherhood) He always thinks the veteran retread should start.

Both impressed with defense, especially Adams and Maye, as well as Dylan Donahue who apparently is known internally as Kevin Greene's "lost son"

Hinted that Mo is not putting in much effort, but Sheldon and Leonard are pretty much beasts

Kirwan sees the Jets winning and losing a lot of 17-14 games.

Says the atmosphere is different and camp was super high energy.

Sheldon said that they cut all the "bad locker room guys" (he's not one of them

McCagnan could not have been more boring and less insightful than if they had just interviewed a blow up doll.

Bowles is weak minded and wishy-woshy, but the rookies seem to love him.

Overall, little depressing as they think we should once again ignore history and sacrifice long term development to try and be competitive. Not win games, or make the playoffs, just be competitive.

The Jets initially said that they could not interview any of the QBs, but they interviewed Petty which was interesting.

Just now, nyjunc said:

McCown is there as a vet option, nothing more.  he's not there to lose.  he's there to have a vet option to start the year if we need him early.

Didn't we pay him like 50% more than any other team was offering?  

To me that sounds like paying him off to guarantee a good draft pick if he plays and also help the youngin's.

I mean his last 3 years, his teams have drafted 1st, 2nd and 1st!  We paid him for his expertise in getting great draft picks.

Knowing us, we somehow screw this up.

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

So Kirwan and Miller would like to see the Jets repeat history and start McCown, essentially because the offense is complicated. Miller would even consider starting McCown the "entire year". McCown is a turd. All he has is experience and charisma, but then again for Bowles that was enough with Fitzsucktric

Kirwan thinks Petty should not be the #3, but also says he saw "enough from Hack that he needs to start this year. But when". So not sure where his mind is, other than McCown should start all of the September games.

Miller was all McCown which I expected. I think he is like the leader of the secret CJQBB (Crappy Journeyman QB Brotherhood) He always thinks the veteran retread should start.

Both impressed with defense, especially Adams and Maye, as well as Dylan Donahue who apparently is known internally as Kevin Greene's "lost son"

Hinted that Mo is not putting in much effort, but Sheldon and Leonard are pretty much beasts

Kirwan sees the Jets winning and losing a lot of 17-14 games.

Says the atmosphere is different and camp was super high energy.

Sheldon said that they cut all the "bad locker room guys" (he's not one of them

McCagnan could not have been more boring and less insightful than if they had just interviewed a blow up doll.

Bowles is weak minded and wishy-woshy, but the rookies seem to love him.

Overall, little depressing as they think we should once again ignore history and sacrifice long term development to try and be competitive. Not win games, or make the playoffs, just be competitive.

The Jets initially said that they could not interview any of the QBs, but they interviewed Petty which was interesting.

"Hinted that Mo is not putting in much effort, but Sheldon and Leonard are pretty much beasts"

Good.  Maybe we can dump Wilk next season and re-sign Sheldon.

18 hours ago, Mike135 said:

To me that sounds like paying him off to guarantee a good draft pick if he plays and also help the youngin's.

I mean his last 3 years, his teams have drafted 1st, 2nd and 1st!  We paid him for his expertise in getting great draft picks.

I have no idea what offers he had but we didn't pay him a lot.

18 hours ago, Mike135 said:

He only makes $6M, which is actually considered a salary for a solid #2 QB.  I favor playing Hackenberg as long as he appears competent in the preseason. If I had to guess, I would say that McCown starts early in the season as he seems to be playing well in camp.  

Archived