Final Mock

Bobby816

Haven't done a mock in quite some time, because I thought a Rodgers trade would've be done by now. But obviously that hasn't happened and I'll give a breakdown on what I think happens in this mock. I'll obviously be choosing just 1 option of the few I think of what we've already agreed to with GB vaguely in this mock. But my point is, is I think this trade hasn't gone through because a lot of it depends on who's on the board when we're on the clock in both Round 1 and 2.

Not going to touch on FA in this mock because I don't see us doing anything major between now and draft day.

NFL DRAFT

So the 1st time for a trade for Rodgers to go down is here. I think there's a trade agreed to if we like 2 guys in this spot on the board and JSN is still here. Both would have to be true for a pick swap of 13 to 15 to happen. NE drafts 14 and needs OL help as well. And make no question JD knows that. So I think 2 good OLineman will still have to be on the board for us to even think about it.

In this mock it doesn't matter... because I have JSN going 11th or 12th to TEN or HOU. So no pick swap.

1st (13th): Broderick Jones (OT/Georgia): Might very well have the highest upside in the whole draft at OT, has experience against the best NCAA talent and has been great. Reminds me of DBrick with his athleticism and strength all in one.

Day 1 finishes and there will be a lot of stories... but Rodgers not being traded will be one of the main ones. Now everyone will assume a trade will go down pre draft Day 2 and I don't think it does. I think once again we wait and see who's there at 42 before we make a trade. 2nd round goes down and it gets to pick 42. John Michael Schmitz is still available. JD calls Gute and says our guy is JMS. We are either drafting him at 42 and we can do the trade that involves 42 or 43 or since GB doesn't need a OC (they just drafted Myers 2 years ago in Round 2). We can send you 42 ( so GB fans think they got more ;) ) but obviously with you guys not drafting JMS or trading the pick. Possibly Z. Flowers, Q. Johnston, Q. Downs or J Hyatt are available still here and GB wants them.

*** Trade goes through with us on the clock at 42 and we send GB 42 and a conditional 2nd in 2024 that goes to a 1st if we make the SB. We get Aaron Rodgers and if he retires after 2023, GB sends us a 2025 2nd ***

2nd (43rd): John Michael Schmitz (OC/Minnesota): Not exaggerating here when I say he's the best C I've seen since Mangold. And Lindstrom last year was on that line as well... but JMS is even better. He's a do it all C that can make calls from the line, move, has strength, etc. Plug and play starting C for us for a decade. This draft looks very similar now to our 2006 draft going OT and C with our 1st 2 picks and it worked great last time.

4th (112th): Henry To'o To'o (LB/Alabama): Very athletic LB that has all the traits to be a LB in our system. But has to be coached in coverage a bit. He can be a rotational LB early on and eventually is a starter for us. I like Kwon... but this makes it where we don't need to bring him back.

5th (143rd): Parker Washington (WR/Penn State): Reminds me of a poor man's Steve Smith. Shorter but stocky and plays tough. At 5'9" 205lbs. He bounces off defenders and isn't afraid of contact. He's shifty and quick. Being he doesn't mind contact and plays tough for his size he's a movable piece for the slot and outside.

6th (207th): Byron Young (DT/Alabama): He's projected more to go in like Round 5, but as a guy that doesn't get to the QB, I think he slips. And a run stuffer fits exactly what we need. Young is big and physical but with bein fundamentally sound. Perfect guy to rotate in with our DTs and should get a decent amount of snaps as a rookie. If you think he wont be here at this pick. I have us trading up for him then sending a late 2024 pick in the trade).

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Haven't done a mock in quite some time, because I thought a Rodgers trade would've be done by now. But obviously that hasn't happened and I'll give a breakdown on what I think happens in this mock. I'll obviously be choosing just 1 option of the few I think of what we've already agreed to with GB vaguely in this mock. But my point is, is I think this trade hasn't gone through because a lot of it depends on who's on the board when we're on the clock in both Round 1 and 2.

Not going to touch on FA in this mock because I don't see us doing anything major between now and draft day.

NFL DRAFT

So the 1st time for a trade for Rodgers to go down is here. I think there's a trade agreed to if we like 2 guys in this spot on the board and JSN is still here. Both would have to be true for a pick swap of 13 to 15 to happen. NE drafts 14 and needs OL help as well. And make no question JD knows that. So I think 2 good OLineman will still have to be on the board for us to even think about it.

In this mock it doesn't matter... because I have JSN going 11th or 12th to TEN or HOU. So no pick swap.

1st (13th): Broderick Jones (OT/Georgia): Might very well have the highest upside in the whole draft at OT, has experience against the best NCAA talent and has been great. Reminds me of DBrick with his athleticism and strength all in one.

Day 1 finishes and there will be a lot of stories... but Rodgers not being traded will be one of the main ones. Now everyone will assume a trade will go down pre draft Day 2 and I don't think it does. I think once again we wait and see who's there at 42 before we make a trade. 2nd round goes down and it gets to pick 42. John Michael Schmitz is still available. JD calls Gute and says our guy is JMS. We are either drafting him at 42 and we can do the trade that involves 42 or 43 or since GB doesn't need a OC (they just drafted Myers 2 years ago in Round 2). We can send you 42 ( so GB fans think they got more ;) ) but obviously with you guys not drafting JMS or trading the pick. Possibly Z. Flowers, Q. Johnston, Q. Downs or J Hyatt are available still here and GB wants them.

*** Trade goes through with us on the clock at 42 and we send GB 42 and a conditional 2nd in 2024 that goes to a 1st if we make the SB. We get Aaron Rodgers and if he retires after 2023, GB sends us a 2025 2nd ***

2nd (43rd): John Michael Schmitz (OC/Minnesota): Not exaggerating here when I say he's the best C I've seen since Mangold. And Lindstrom last year was on that line as well... but JMS is even better. He's a do it all C that can make calls from the line, move, has strength, etc. Plug and play starting C for us for a decade. This draft looks very similar now to our 2006 draft going OT and C with our 1st 2 picks and it worked great last time.

4th (112th): Henry To'o To'o (LB/Alabama): Very athletic LB that has all the traits to be a LB in our system. But has to be coached in coverage a bit. He can be a rotational LB early on and eventually is a starter for us. I like Kwon... but this makes it where we don't need to bring him back.

5th (143rd): Parker Washington (WR/Penn State): Reminds me of a poor man's Steve Smith. Shorter but stocky and plays tough. At 5'9" 205lbs. He bounces off defenders and isn't afraid of contact. He's shifty and quick. Being he doesn't mind contact and plays tough for his size he's a movable piece for the slot and outside.

6th (207th): Byron Young (DT/Alabama): He's projected more to go in like Round 5, but as a guy that doesn't get to the QB, I think he slips. And a run stuffer fits exactly what we need. Young is big and physical but with bein fundamentally sound. Perfect guy to rotate in with our DTs and should get a decent amount of snaps as a rookie. If you think he wont be here at this pick. I have us trading up for him then sending a late 2024 pick in the trade).

Not bad, but tough when we don’t know who was on the board at the time of each pick. 

I believe wholeheartedly that the Jets trade back #13 if OT cupboard is bare, or at #42/43 and get back into 3rd. In your scenario AR trade leaves us with 5 draft picks. We have too many holes to fill and this Draft is deep at DT( into 4th rd), Center(into Rd 3), Edge(into 4th), OT (into 2nd rd) LB (into 4th rd). Free Safety & WR is not a deep position in this Draft. We need 2 DT, 2 OL, 1 slot WR, 1 RB and 2 LB IMO. 

Go Jets! Go JD!