Anybody ever take a closer look at the contract the Giants signed Brian Burns to after they traded for him back in March?

52 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The trade thing is a joke.  The Eagles shopped him and this was the best deal they could get.  Pretty sure the Eagles are aware that almost no Jet on the D line plays 67% of the snaps, so that is what they took.  Is Reddick's agent going to somehow get us a better or at least equivalent deal from a team willing to meet their contract demands?  After they showed they will sit?  Not a ******* chance. 

As to some of the other sh*t going on in this thread, Reddick may be past his prime.  I can 100% guarantee you, that he still believes he can get 20 sacks in the NFL.  A player calculating they are washed at 30 is not a thing.  Guys that are in their 40s think they can still come in and play.  That's why James Brown tried to come back when Franco passed him.  That's not the way an athlete's mind works.  DAMHIK.

I do agree with you that that is not how athletes think. However, I don’t think it’s sh*t to try to imagine what his agent may be thinking, and don’t think even athletes believe they are immune to the possibility of injury. So my point stands — I think they MAY be figuring if he comes in a plays lights out for half the season he’ll get a damn good payday (not what he would get if he played lights out the full season, but still a lot of money), and the risk of injury is not worth it. I’m just guessing and I may be … I’d even say, i probably AM … wrong — but it’s the only explanation I have that makes any financial sense. So, it’s either that, or it’s pure ego-driven idiocy on the part of the agent and player.